help is anyone listening

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by s43, Oct 11, 2002.

1. s43

s43 New Member

Please can anyone tell me if fibro is only recognised in the USA.iLIVE IN THE u.k. and we dont have any organizations over here.All the websites seem to be American, so it is hard to find out any information.Iam coming over to Florida next OCT 2003 COULD ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE IS AN ORGANIZATION that i could get in touch with while i am visiting.
  2. s43

s43 New Member

Please can anyone tell me if fibro is only recognised in the USA.iLIVE IN THE u.k. and we dont have any organizations over here.All the websites seem to be American, so it is hard to find out any information.Iam coming over to Florida next OCT 2003 COULD ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE IS AN ORGANIZATION that i could get in touch with while i am visiting.
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I believe that fibro in the UK, is diagnosed as ME, or Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. If you type this into searches you should be able to come up with some resources in the UK. For organizations in Florida, check the support groups listed on this site, or phone one of the doctors offices, on the Good Doctors list on this site, and ask if they know of any support groups in the area of Florida, you will be visiting.
    Karen
  4. s43

s43 New Member

tHANKS FOR THIS INFORMATION.THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE HEARD THAT FIBRO IS KNOWN AS ME IN THIS COUNTRY ,THE ONLY OTHER WORD I KNOW IT BY IS FYBROSITIS
  5. sean

sean New Member

Hi s43, you could try ukfibromyalgia DOT COM, there you will get more info relevant to the U.K. Info on DHSS claims for disability,local support groups ect, there is also a message board like this. There is also a GP who specializes in FMS, to whom you can ask questions on the condition. FMS is as recognized in the u.k as in America, but people in both countries still encounter negative attitudes from some health professionals. Hope you don't encounter this, and manage to get the best possible help for your condition.

Regards,
    Sean (Yorkshire, England)

Note: posting actual URL's is not allowed, but if you type in ukfibromyalgia followed by a DOT COM you will get to the site.

6. sean

sean New Member

See my post, ME is CFS not FIBRO
  7. s43

s43 New Member

I THOUGHT SO