HELP is this herxing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gracepartaker, Sep 1, 2006.

1. gracepartaker

gracepartaker New Member

I have not previously had bowl troubles. But I decided to try some probiotics anyway just to get more healthy bacteria. I have taken it for 10 days.

I have become really sick with new symptoms. Severe muscle pain, total exhaustion can't get out of bed.
    Sinus headache

Does the probiotics kill off stuff? am I herxing? Should I continue. Or does probiotics hurt you if you don't need them.

Please help I am so sick
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

It is possible that you are herxing. They may be killing off some of the bad guys. If you are that sick, I would suggest backing off or even stopping for a little break. If you still wish to continue, go really slowly and see how you tolerate them. Probiotics will not hurt you.

Good Luck
    Kathy
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Are live bacteria. It is important for them to get into the gut and not break down in the stomach. I don't know whether they work if taken out of the capsule and sprinkled on food. Perhaps it would work; I've never tried it.

You could talk to your doc about it but most docs aren't well informed on gut health and good bacteria. They usually don't even tell their patients to take a probiotic when they prescribe ABX. A natural doc might be of more help.

Immune function begins in the gut and it's possible that introducing something new into it will upset everything for a while. Like with most things for us, going slowly in the beginning is probably a good idea. It may be a case of having to get worse before it gets better but it's horrible to feel so bad when one is just trying to get healthier.

There could be some Herxing going on or just purging of toxins in the digestive system. I think any time we try something new, it doesn't hurt to talk to the doc about it, in the very least, to ensure it is safe for us.

Good luck. I'm sorry the probiotics have cause some to suffer like this. Has anyone had a bad initial reaction and then gone on to feel better?

Love, Mikie
  4. gracepartaker

gracepartaker New Member

I didn't take probiotics today. Going to take everyone's advise and go slower. I too think I'm probably detoxing.

What would be liver support. I appreciate so much everyone's help.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Adding a wee bit of raw beet will help detox the liver. Juicing is an excellent way to get fruit and veggies in a form which is easy to absorb and digest. I think I'm having a gallbladder attack and will be juicing more.

Love, Mikie