Help is this part of FM???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tammy21, Nov 7, 2006.

1. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

For a while now I have had problems on and off no pattern or time of month it happens. when I have a bowel motion it sets of pain in the lower back and in the pelvic area and when I do wees a sharp pain shoots upwards. There is no infections and I am not constipated.
    Is any of this to do with FM?
    Any help please.

Take care all
  2. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

3. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

not sure if this is FM or not but wanted to BUMP to keep at top so others might see your question and have some ideas for you.

Best of luck,

Theresa
  4. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Tammy,

Well first I would suggest making an appointment with your doctor. Start with your family doctor but I do suggest talking with your gyno as well.

Do you have endometriosis or have ever been diagnosed with any sort of "female issues"?

I am asking because I have endometriosis and this disease affects your bowels! BIG TIME! Not only do you have pelvic and ovary pain but you also have bowel and low back pain.

I don't know if this is common in most but I even have hip pain when the endo gets out of control or I have a period.

Anyway, I can't tell you for sure that this is what is going on but it is certainly something to consider.

Good luck and I hope you feel better! Keep us updated!

(((HUGS)))

kate
  5. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

I had my uterus taken out a while back and 5 weeks ago they took the ovaries and tubes out and this time they found I had endometriosis which they were surprised as I didnt have the uterus there and the endometriosis still grew there.
    so has it grown in your bowels and how did they find It?

Tammy
  6. Gly

Gly New Member

I have endometriosis and have some similar symptoms. A BM "sets off" pain in my back and abdomen, too. I also can't find a pattern to it.
  7. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

That is very intersting has the doctor said what they can do for you?
  8. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Tammy,

I am sorry to hear that you do indeed have Endometriosis. I actually find it more frustrating then the FM or CFS!

I speak for myself and myself ONLY when I say this but I can watch for a pattern with the FM and CFS but with the Endo there is no rhyme or reason.

It flares when it feels like it!

I am however obsessively researching Endometriosis. Up until a couple of weeks ago I had been really working and studying a diet specifically designed for women with Endometriosis. I have since become very depressed and when I am depressed I turn to food, and not the good kind.

I no longer have my period though which has taken nine months now to figure out! This is the first month I am going without a true period and FINALLY I feel somewhat free!

The endometriosis is a constant in my life but with a period I become unable to function. I am in so much pain that in the past have actually gone to the ER to be treated.

I have also had several laporscopic surgeries for the endometriosis and my last was this past August 31st. My doctor was extrememly surprised by the amount of endometrial lesions he found considering I just had a baby nine months ago. Normally a pregnancy reduces endometriosis.

We do not know at this time whether or not it has reached my stomach or my bowels. I have a suspicion that it has probably reached my bowels and just a slight thought that maybe my stomach is being affected.

I am so sorry that you are experiencing this! I wish that there was more research out there but it is definitely getting better that's for sure!

Sorry if I didn't answer all of your questions. I got to talking and now I can't remember what all you asked me.

Oh but I did want to add that I want to have a hysterectomy within the next year. If for no other reason then to never have a period again and not have to take the BC anymore.

I am sure I will have to take something else but with BC's somehow you always have a breakthrough period or the med all of a sudden stops working but somehow I wind up having a period and I want it to stop. My body just can't handle them.

You hear plenty of people out there rant about how it is a "natural" thing for a woman to have her period each month. Well by goodness live in my body for one day during my period and you will be screaming to get out!

((((HUGS))))

kate
  9. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

Thankyou for your reply. I am sorry that you are having such a hard time. when I go for my 6 week check up with my Gyno I will be asking lots of questions and hopefully I might actually get some where.
    Do take care Kate.

Tammy
  10. I've had my share of strange pains. Have you ever seen a book called The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook 2nd Edition by Clair Davies. A lot of my weird pain is caused by trigger points. I have a very serious troublesome groin trigger that messes up my life all of the time. In the Trigger Point Therapy Manuel-Chapter 7 covers Chest, Abdominal, and genital pain. I'd seriously look at that book, besides seeing a knowledgable Fibro aware physician, or NP. Also, just your pain description reminds me of the weirdness of Vulvodynia (another condition associated with Fibro).
  11. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

it sounds like IBS GOOD LUCK