HELP I've been sick since the flu shot last week!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Dec 10, 2002.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Got the flu shot last Thursday (a half-dose even) and I have been in the worst flare. Started with my rib pain acting up, then the IBS and now I have a horrible pain in the muscle right under the collar bone toward the left arm and down that rib bone. I also have fibrocystic breast so these painful bumps along my breast are common for me. I have gotten this before, but this time it's worse. This is the arm I had the shot in. There are lumps and bumps along this muscle--is it just the MPS/FM that I have or are there lymph nodes here? Seems like my pain is moving from place to place.
    Another question: I have noticed feeling weak, especially if I feel pain. And I don't do well with pain--just a twinge and I feel sick to my stomach. Anyone else get pain in this area or feel weak too!
    I swear I will never get this shot again. Hadn't had one in 15 years and I let the doctors talk me into it this year.
    I'm hurting and scared---please help.
    Thanks friends,
    Tania
  2. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Got the flu shot last Thursday (a half-dose even) and I have been in the worst flare. Started with my rib pain acting up, then the IBS and now I have a horrible pain in the muscle right under the collar bone toward the left arm and down that rib bone. I also have fibrocystic breast so these painful bumps along my breast are common for me. I have gotten this before, but this time it's worse. This is the arm I had the shot in. There are lumps and bumps along this muscle--is it just the MPS/FM that I have or are there lymph nodes here? Seems like my pain is moving from place to place.
    Another question: I have noticed feeling weak, especially if I feel pain. And I don't do well with pain--just a twinge and I feel sick to my stomach. Anyone else get pain in this area or feel weak too!
    I swear I will never get this shot again. Hadn't had one in 15 years and I let the doctors talk me into it this year.
    I'm hurting and scared---please help.
    Thanks friends,
    Tania
  3. kay

kay New Member

that you are having such a rough time. This is excactly why I dont get them anymore, nor will I get the small pox shot. I was deathly sick for 2 weeks.I cant remember ever being that sick. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I know it is scary and I was scared also. Warm hugs, Linda
  4. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling that rotten..I know they say, it should not be from the flu shot that it probably would have happened anyway..But it really makes you wonder..But please try to calm down a little..Are you running a temp or anything..
    I took a flu shot back in the 70's and got sick, sick, sick..So I refused to take them up until about 10yrs ago, and there are sometimes when I take them, that I feel more achy and stuff after getting it..They always used to say, if you are not allergic to chicken or eggs the flu shot is safe for you..I realize everyone's body is different..
    I just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you to feel better real soon........
    Take Care........Relax (I know it's hard)....If things get too bad, call the Dr..........Donna
  5. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Thought I was gonna die. Projectile vomiting and the whole nine yards after I got the shot this year. Awful. Hang in there it does get better after a few days. I would still rather suffer a few days then all winter. I know it doesn't sound encouraging but what is the alternative? Get well soon. Better days ahead we hope.
    Soft hugs.
  6. gala

gala New Member

Dear TaniaF...I was a Rn before I came down with CFS 3 years ago. It has been horrible somedays. I got CFS right after a flu shot. Don't ever get another one. I know of another nurse who got CFS from a flu shot about 10 years ago. Hang in there. I also believe the vaccine shots that the military take have something to do with the Gulf War Syndrome. I'm new to this site so I hope I haven't upset the apple cart with this info. But, I believe people with FM or CFS should not get flu shots....Gala
  7. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

My husband, a police officer, gets a flu shot every year at work - free. He is always told by the nurses that to expect to not feel good for a few days, so if this affects "normal" people like this, then it might be worse for someone that already has a problem.

Marilyn :)