Help...I've got a cold front on me and I can't move! :-((

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Aug 3, 2005.

1. achy

achy New Member

Why do these weather fronts affect us so much? I know its the barometric pressure yadda yadda...but WHY. What is different in our bodies than the general population?

How are the rest of ya in the SE doing with the icky weather?? Do you hurt more? What R U doing to help yourself? Besides pulling the covers over your head....lol

It seems like in the past 3 days I have gradually gotten worse. This A.M. every inch of my body is really throbbing. Every joint from my toes to my nose is stiff and sore.

And the fog...oh my. Send out a fog alert cause it's gunna be thick....

I AM thankful it would block any hurricanes though!
    Gentle hugs
    achy

2. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hi Achy:

Sorry you are feeling so miserable. The changes in weather does affect us very much. It has something to do with our internal thermometer. We can't handle high heat and humidity, but we also can't handle extreme cold. It's all a mystery to me.

We have to move to Venezuela. They have the perfect weather. Year round 70 by day, 55 by night and low humidity. But since we can't all go to Venezuela we have to do what we can to make ourselves as comfortable as possible. (Hard task)

I moved to the Caribbean 3 years ago and I am thinking of going back to the states. The humidity is killing me! I notice it is worse for me than the cold. Need to look for a state that the weather is not to extreme at both ends.

Keep cool Achy

Hugs,
    Francey54
  3. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Bumping for you Achy...
  4. nina2

nina2 New Member

I feel the same way. This is one of the worse summers that I
    can remember in a long time.

The heat and humidity have been aweful and every part of me aches. During the winter I am in pain too from the cold.

I feel like one big toothache, and I'm not exaggerating .

It's as though our bodies are walking weather stations.

In answer to your question, there is not much that I can think of to help ease your pain, as I am having a rough time of it and nothing works for me when I'm this bad.

I've sworn off the pills as I became tired of feeling sick from them also.

So I just do what I can and complain every inch of the way, as though I am bent on making every ones life miserable around me. lol.

I pray everyday that they will come up with something to help us. I wish I could take away all of every ones pain here. I know we all feel this way.
    nina
  5. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Bumping again for you Achy
  6. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

It's beautiful weather here. 90 degrees and warm. I tend to run cold, so I just love getting into a hot car. But when it gets cold and rainy, I get worse and when it's hot, the aircon at work is working overtime- I have to go outside to warm up every few hours. I would love it to be sunny, 70-75 degrees all the time and not have airconditioning to make me cold. It's true, I tolerate heat better than cold, but when it's too hot I'm uncomfortable too. I have always pictured the barometric pressure just pushing down on me cause that's what it feels like, a really heavy blanket like the one the dentist puts on you to take an x-ray.
    Am I right????
    Not looking forward to winter.
  7. achy

achy New Member

I feel a pity party going on and I feel guilty..that WAS NOT my intention~~ lol

I do feel really bad and I'm sure others in the SE are too. It's like this low pressure system over us is grinding me right into the ground.

I too feel like a giant toothache...good description. Fla. is NOT always the sunshine state!

going to find my blanket and pillow......
    achy

8. browneyelady48

browneyelady48 New Member

So this is your post achy :). Yes I feel your pain. This is a really hot summer, and now all the rain. And I am afraid we still have alot of storms ahead of us.

I dont get out much. I just dont seem to have the strength to get dressed to get out. Then I am stuck with the house being cold from the air condition.

We will make it through all the heat and then we will froze. And the cold is worse on me.

You take care.
    Love Brenda