Help ive messed up bigtime

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrolady37, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi all,
    Well ive been on Disability now for a year & a half.
    I went to see my gp a few weeks ago & he asked me if i could cook a meal from scratch.
    I cant believ what i said guys & ive really messed up.
    I didnt say yes or no,i said probably but it would be very difficult.
    Wrong answer i shhouldve said no.
    Ive had a letter saying my DLA is stopping after April this year.
    My doc wrote to them to try & pit it right but theyre still saying they wont change the decision.
    So now im appealing for sure as i know the decision is wrong,no its very wrong.
    I asked for an appeal form 4 days ago & it still hasnt arrived.
    My Fibro has always been really really bad & soo soo painful.
    I wasd dx 6years ago & its at its alltime worse.
    For a while now my right arm has felt so heavy & sore that i cant use my arm or my hand & its getting worse.
    Ive asked for a new doctor & im praying that when i go to see them i explain what i said to my old doc & tell them about how bad my arm is,they will help me/
    My new doctor could swing the decision with my disabilit,ive prayed like mad for ages now & have put my dilemma in the Lords hands.
    I havent been on the site for a long while now because ive been so ill.
    Im really scared & wonder if anyone can try to reassure me.
    Also for 3 weeks leading up to my period im so anxious,scared,panicky & emotional i have panic attacks.
    I didnt know what else to do & im crying all the time,what can id do,youre my friends if i cant come to you who can i go to?
    Take care sharon d (UK)
  2. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

This is terrible. How long have you had this "Doctor" who did this to you? It is rediculous that he is your treating Doctor and to have him be like this to you. I wish that I could do something to help. i would definitely appeal the heck out of this though. For one, if you have been having arm problems it has to be in your chart if you have seen him for it. And your answer was no different then asking someone if the weather will be nice tomorrow and them saying probably and it rains cats and dogs. As my Attorney says this is all a bunch of beauricratical BS. Couldn't spell that word right sorry.
    As for your problems with crying and such, you should see someone for that. You are probably having hormonal problems and need something to even out your moods. Don't feel silly about it a lot of us have to okay.
    I wish you the best of luck and I hope that things work out for you. I feel so bad for you.
    Know we are all here for each other okay.
    Joannie
  3. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi joannie1,
    Welli hope youre not in to much pain today.
    Thanks so much for your reply,it means such a lot to know that other people care.
    Im in so much pain & am so stiff & achy lately,im not sleeping(so nothing new there).
    Plus ive got this problem with my arm which is so excrutiating & also me crying all the time.
    I havent been to my doctor about my arm because i took my daughter to see him last week & he shouted at me in front of her.
    Ive been with him for 2years now & hes shouted at me at least 5 times,i have enough problems with CFS & Fibro etc,without him screaming at me,especially when ive done nothing wrong.
    Im so grateful i found this board where i can come to you guys & vice versa,its such a godsend.
    I know youre all here for me just want everyone to know how grateful i am to you all.
    Im not online at home as i cant afford a pc,so i use my local libraries computer & i, sat here with tears in my eyes after typing this to you.
    Im like an emotional volcano waiting to erupt.
    Ive written off for a new doctor & as soon as i have 1 ill make an urgent apt,i really cant go on like this,ive never been as bad as this & im so scared.
    Thanks again for being there honey,im here anytime you want
    a moan or whatever,dont forget.
    Very gentle soft hugs to you.
    Sharon d(UK)
  4. pamela

pamela New Member

The icon I used here describes your doctor. Your medical condition is in your charts and you need to request copies and go see a attorney!!! Also get a new doctor and with your new appeal file the appeal with the new doctor. But see the attorney first. I do know that some doctors feel they are put on the line when they get involved with disability. They could loose their license to practice if they are not careful. Im not taking up this doc. or any other doctor but I feel that is why some doctors are so hard-nosed about getting them to fight for you on disability. My doctor would not write me off when I had my wreck. Im barely making it as it is and could not work with out my meds. Take care and I hope you can get this resolved. But really call your attorney or get one!!! Hugs Pamela
  5. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

That is totally rediculous that you have to take "abuse" from your own Doctor. Don't ever let him treat you like dirt under his feet ever again, Please. There is absolutely no reason why he should yell at you for any reason period!! ESPECIALLY in front of your child for that matter!!! I think if it ever happens again you should stand up from your sitting position, get in his face and tell him you are for warning him NOT to ever disrespect you in this manner again. So many times Doctors feel they are able to use intimidation on us and you know after 20 some Doctors i have finally got the strength and courage to stand my ground with all of them. Use your built up emotions to your advantage. I think if i were you i would consult an Attorney about the way he has treated you. it is very possible that your emotional state is not only your DD your fighting with but because of him also. I am just rattled knowing you are so poorly treated. Just because he may be a Doctor makes him NO better then the rest of us. You are a grown woman who deserves to be treated with respect. And you need to be loud and clear to him about that fact.
    try to relax and do something for yourself today, just for YOU, I think you need that right now.
    Big soft hugs to you.
    Take care okay.
    Joannie
  6. phenom

phenom New Member

another doctor abuses a patient. it maddens me so much when these people who society looks to in times of need abuse their power and make us feel so small and insignificant. he has no right to do that - especially since he has a position of power.

i would start looking for a new doc - get all your records from him and seek legal advice. i too would probably have answered the exact same way you did to the question. sometimes you don't have a choice - you have to cook that meal, even though you will PAY for it later. they don't seem to understand.

can you contact your congressman or something (i'm in aus, don't know how your system works) and see if they can do anything?

good luck with it all - don't give up.

phenom
  7. bejo

bejo New Member

That's ridiculous !!!! Yes appeal.Yes,tell everyone you know what a terrible Dr.he is.I take it they think you can make a living by cooking one meal and being in pain for a week from doing it!Our Problem by being women is that we will try to do what we have to no matter how much it hurts.Being a mere male,he wouldn't understand that!LOL
  8. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Pamela,
    Thanks for your reply & also for your support.
    I saw my new doc yday & i was crying & so upset,he diagnosed me with Tennis Elbow aswell as all my other symptoms,its soo soo painful.
    He put me on Diclofenac(anti-inflams) & said if its no better in 3 weeks,he will give me a Cortozone injection in my elbow.
    Told him all about my odl doc & im seeing him again on Tuesday & he should know more about me if hes got my notes.
    I got my appeal form for my DLA this morn so im going to Wefare Rights to get them to fill it in for me.
    Fingers crossed for me,& youre right about my old doc he is an -------!
    Take care & thanks again.
    sharon d(UK)
  9. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Joannie,
    Thanks for your reply & also for your support,it means a lot to me to know that my friends here are all there for me.
    Thanks to all of you guys.
    I got my appeal form this morn & i was shaking as i read it,im going to get Welfare Rights to fill it in for me.
    I was so angry & shocked when my Doc shouted at me,i was gobsmacked as this is the 5th time hes done it.
    I got a new doc whos really nice & saw him yday,he diagnosed me with Tennis Elbow.
    So now i take 3 anti-inflamms per day & if its no better in 3 weeks im having a Cortozone injection in my elbow, so thats more pain for me.
    Ive got to think positive about my appeal,ill write everyting down thats wrong with me & itll be a long list & ill also tell them how my whole body is really slowing down & how ive seriously detoriated these last 6 months,& that i cant use my right arm & hand.
    Im also deaf in 1 ear & my hearing has also seriosyl gone in my left ar so ill tell them aboit that aswell.
    Im falling to bits so quickly i hop & pray they see how disavantaged i am & do the right thing,fingers crossed for me at this worrying time.
    Thanks again for being there for me.
    Very gentle hugs
    sharon d(UK)
  10. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Joannie,
    Thanks for your reply & also for your support,it means a lot to me to know that my friends here are all there for me.
    Thanks to all of you guys.
    I got my appeal form this morn & i was shaking as i read it,im going to get Welfare Rights to fill it in for me.
    I was so angry & shocked when my Doc shouted at me,i was gobsmacked as this is the 5th time hes done it.
    I got a new doc whos really nice & saw him yday,he diagnosed me with Tennis Elbow.
    So now i take 3 anti-inflamms per day & if its no better in 3 weeks im having a Cortozone injection in my elbow, so thats more pain for me.
    Ive got to think positive about my appeal,ill write everyting down thats wrong with me & itll be a long list & ill also tell them how my whole body is really slowing down & how ive seriously detoriated these last 6 months,& that i cant use my right arm & hand.
    Im also deaf in 1 ear & my hearing has also seriosyl gone in my left ar so ill tell them aboit that aswell.
    Im falling to bits so quickly i hop & pray they see how disavantaged i am & do the right thing,fingers crossed for me at this worrying time.
    Thanks again for being there for me.
    Very gentle hugs
    sharon d(UK)
  11. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi phenom,
    Thanks for your support & your reply.
    Im going to go see my solicitor on Monday & see if theres anything she can do for me.
    He has no right to speak to me like that & i do resent it because hes abusing his position.
    Ive got a new doc now whos seems ok,i went to see him yday & he diagnose Tennis Elbow.
    Ive got to take 3 anti-inflamms per day & if its no better in 3 weeks illl have to have a cortozone injection in my elbow.
    So thats more pain for me to have to go through,i have more than enough as it is.
    I know if id had a man with me things would have been totally different.
    Isnt it annoying that these docs think they can get away with treating woman like this?
    Hes picked on the wrong one here because il make sure he suffers for how hes treated me.
    Thanks again for your support ill let you know how i get on.
    Very gentle hugs
    sharon d(UK)

12. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi bejo,
    Thanks for your reply & also for your support.
    I am deffo going to appeal,i got my form this morning & i really hope ill win it.
    Im deteriating so rapidly i cant see how they can take it away from me.
    Saw my new doc yday & he diagnosed Tennis Elbow & has put me on anti-inflamms,
    If its no better in 3 weeks hes giving me a cortozone injection in my elbow so thats more pain for me.
    I have to think postive about my appeal & i really hope with all my heart that i win it,its inhumane for them to take it away from me.
    Ill keep praying & sit back & wait.
    Thanks for being so understanding bejo,it means such a lot to me.
    Very gentle hugs.
    sharon d(UK)
  13. srollins

srollins New Member

I aree with Mel, What does that MAN know He does not walk in your shoe. Of all the nerve. I get so fed up with Doctors. I could tell them a thing or two! I am so sorry you are having to go through this. If you don't already Get yourself a female attorney,They are wonderful!While you are at it Get your self a new Dr.
  14. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

This system sucks!!!!!!!! That is the craziest thing that I have heard yet!! I am sorry that this is happening to you and thanks for telling me from now on when I get asked questions like that I am going to go by my worst day no matter what!!! My worst days I can't even shower by myself or comb my hair much less cook a meal. I am glad that your appealing and just keep fighting!!!! Try not to let this stress you into a bad flare, although I know it will be hard. I hope that everything turns out ok for you and you will be in my prayers

hugs,
    Jeanna
  15. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Mel,
    Yes i reckon youre right,he treats me like im a second class citizen & he wont get away with it,believe me.
    Im putting a complaint into the Medical Council & ill see how he likes t.
    No one treats me like that & gets aay with it.
    Ive now got a new doc who seems really nice but only time will tell.
    Thanks for your support.
    Very gentle snuggles
    sharon d (UK)
  16. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Mel,
    Yes i reckon youre right,he treats me like im a second class citizen & he wont get away with it,believe me.
    Im putting a complaint into the Medical Council & ill see how he likes t.
    No one treats me like that & gets aay with it.
    Ive now got a new doc who seems really nice but only time will tell.
    Thanks for your support.
    Very gentle snuggles
    sharon d (UK)
  17. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi there,
    Well thanks for your support,its so good to know all my friens online are here for me.
    Ive got myself a new doc & am going to see my lawyer tomorrow.
    I got my appeal form for my disability & good news!
    I have to go infront of a panel so thats great because theyll see exactly how bad i am & thats what i want.
    Im reporting my ex doc to the Medical Council & ill see how he likes that.
    Hes ignorant & has no right to be a doctor if he cant control his temper for no reason.
    Im praying that all wil go well & il let you know how i get on.
    Very gentle snuggles
    sharon d (UK)
  18. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Jeanna,
    Thanks for your support it means a lot to me.
    It did get me into a really nasty flare up because i was so upset & i cried for days,i just couldnt believe it.
    My appeal form came through & i have to go in front of an appea panel which is great news because then theyll see just how bad i am.
    Im praying that all will go well,thanks again & ill let you know how i get on.
    Take care & very gentle snuggles
    sharon d (UK)
  19. nancyw

nancyw New Member

Hi Sharon: I just wanted to let you know that I've been there, done that with my PCP doc. Have an appt with Rheumatologist 4/8 and hopefully she "believes" in fibro. I'm very disgusted with all the docs right now. The one that diagnosed me says I should feel better in about six months!!! That's great, but I can't work in the mean time - it's been over a year now. TENNIS ELBOW: My first big problem in this episode. Last January my right elbow was killing me; sharp pains, no strength, couldn't lift 1/2 milk jug out of refrigerator. Diagnosed with Tennis Elbow. Splints didn't help, cortizone shot in joint didn't help (but hurt like hell), and went through about 5 months of physical therapy. Therapy helped somewhat, but not quite as painful. NOW both of my elbows are killing me pain wise. I can hardly open doors with round knobs; it hurts to open my car door; pinching the toothpaste tube is painful. I can type alright most of the time, but holding a pen cramps up my forearm. Got a cortizone shot about 2 weeks ago (in hip for breathing) and next morning I had no pain ANYWHERE!!!! I was EXTREMELY hyper, but when I talked to doc and pharmacist, they said relief was only temporary and I was hyper because my muscles had relaxed and I was actually circulating blood correctly now. Most symptoms back now, but I did get total relief for about two days (even that short of time was a blessing). I would ask your doctor about the options of location of cortizone shot. They're painful into the joint, but I hardly felt it in my hip. My muscle did cramp up BADLY for about 3 minutes after shot, but then OK. Maybe if you get the shot in general area, it would help with all your pain for a little while. Worked for me. Good luck. (been up since 3:30 AM so sorry I'm rambling).
    [This Message was Edited on 03/18/2003]
  20. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi nancy,
    Thanks for your reply & for wishing me luck.
    Ever since i got the letter from DLA ive done nothing but cry & the pain is soo soo Bad.
    Ive been to Citizens Advice this morning & ive to get my appeal form filled in & post it in tonights post,as ive only got a couple of weeks before the deadline.
    Im praying that when they red how bad i am theyll give me back my DLA.
    I went to see my new doc this morning & asked him to refer me to a Rheumy,he said he will do when he gets my notes,so fingers crossed for me.
    I cant belive my old doc screamed at me in front of my daughter,i was & still am horrified.
    I must get my form filled in because i have to post it tonight.
    Thanks for being there very gentle snuggles.
    sharon d (UK)