HELP - Jeanne-in-Canada and others re MCS??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bunchy, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Hi all,

Jeanne - I remember you have said you were mostly recovered from MCS - how did you do this? Please answer if you can!

Mine has got worse again after a period of extreme physical stress and several low grade viruses.

What are good supps to take and any other advice that might help?

What about NAC? I already take milk thistle.

My Mom is coming to visit in a few weeks - she wears a lot of perfumed products - she says she will try harder but I am still really worried about her visit as recently when I have been exposed to strong fragrances (washing powders, toiletries etc) I have had raised BP, increased heartrate and asthma attacks (dr has given me an inhalor for this). It has become more like a real strong allergy response not just intolerance now.

I'm scared my MCS - which had improved - is going to get really bad again and how I will cope if it does.

Any advice appreciated - thanks.

Love Bunchy x

PS I ought to explain my MCS started after a period when I seemed to have allergic responses to normal viruses (so when others got a cold or flu, I would get a little of it but would come out in hives and blisters etc) So I am not sure if my particular version of MCS has anything to do with detoxification but more to do with autoimmunity.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/20/2008]
  2. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

...for help please.

3. Jayna

Jayna New Member

I found a generic pharmacy brand of loratidine with no colours or preservatives. I take it before I go someplace (or someone comes to my place) when I know I''m going to be exposed to lots of smelly chemicals. It's not perfect, but it does take the edge off my reactions for short-term exposures.

It does not fix the problem, and there are rebound effects when they wear off. But it gets me through a lot of situations that would otherwise be impossible.

Another alternative is to make your mother wash (in your non-aggravating laundry soap) every piece of clothing she brings with her the instant she steps into your house. My daughters have learned to do this so they don't have to put up with me sniffing loudly, coughing, and waving my hand in their direction five minutes after they arrive.