HELP LIPS ARE NUMB

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GLASTETTER, Sep 19, 2006.

1. GLASTETTER

GLASTETTER New Member

my lips have been numb going on two hours
    i have not taken any different medicine today
    same stuff i have been taking for the last five
    month
    do any of you think that a muscle relaxer would help it

please help
    barbara
  2. GLASTETTER

GLASTETTER New Member

i called my doc and he said this is the season for bells palsy and if it spreads to the rest of my face to call and he will procribe me meds

thanks so much for the reply
    barbara
  3. caperkat

caperkat New Member

I have numbness often in my lower face and lips (both sides of face, not just one side as in a possible stroke). My dr doesn't seem overly concerned. I've considered maybe it was Bell's, but not sure.

Although it's a weird sensation & a little disturbing at times, it has never been so uncomfortable for me that I needed to deek help for it.

kat
  4. GLASTETTER

GLASTETTER New Member

so far just my lips
    if it starts to affect my face as in sagging eyelids
    for crooked smile i will do something

thanks
    barbara
  5. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

After I started getting used to it, I was just happy that was a part of my body that didn't hurt. My left thigh also goes numb when I stand up. Doc doesn't seem concerned.
  6. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Hi:

My mom had numb lips and it turned out she had TIA, or mini-strokes. You should call your doctor at the very least.

Ingrid
  7. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Yes, I have a variety of places on my face that go numb, usually either upper or lower lip, jaw line, etc.

Doctor said it is a symptom of lyme, which I don't have now but tested postive for.

It comes & goes, seems to have no relationship to other probelmes or pain levels.

I also did have my cholesterol levels checked as the doctors were concerned.

Dentist also suggeste dit could be from my longstanding TMJ.
  8. GLASTETTER

GLASTETTER New Member

i do have tmj and i have been had more stress lately
    but i find i am clenching and grinding more than usual
    my husband noticed right off the bat when he picked me up from work. when we got home i took a muscle relax and read a book trying to get my mind off everything.

thanks guys
    barbara