help looking for:

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by whitedove879, Sep 25, 2002.

1. whitedove879

whitedove879 New Member

Hi l have had fibro for many years now and for the last 2 years it seems to l think hit my teeth. I do not have any coverage, here in canada disablity doesn't come with coverage. But my teeth have been braking off in pieces some right off at the gum line. I did see one dentist at the begining (over 200.00) and he pulled one tooth that was hurting and told me there is nothing he can do to save them it's because of the fibro and the meds. He told me he'd have to take them all at a price of over 2500.00 money l don't have and l can't seem to find any place to go for help to get any of it. I just know how much pain l'm in and my family doctor gives me meds for infections but says he can't do anything either. This on top of the pain from fibro etc, frankly l'm at a last straw here. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Has anyone else come across the same problem with their teeth? How did you get help?
    Thanks for your time.
  2. whitedove879

whitedove879 New Member

Hi l have had fibro for many years now and for the last 2 years it seems to l think hit my teeth. I do not have any coverage, here in canada disablity doesn't come with coverage. But my teeth have been braking off in pieces some right off at the gum line. I did see one dentist at the begining (over 200.00) and he pulled one tooth that was hurting and told me there is nothing he can do to save them it's because of the fibro and the meds. He told me he'd have to take them all at a price of over 2500.00 money l don't have and l can't seem to find any place to go for help to get any of it. I just know how much pain l'm in and my family doctor gives me meds for infections but says he can't do anything either. This on top of the pain from fibro etc, frankly l'm at a last straw here. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Has anyone else come across the same problem with their teeth? How did you get help?
    Thanks for your time.
  3. alomasp

alomasp New Member

YES! thought i was the only one, my teeth are getting loose,as if i could take my finger & pull them out myself.does this stuff affect your teeth,also!!?
    alomasp
  4. vloga

vloga New Member

Hi whitedove. Yes, the dental profession here in the UK could be solely supported by me, or so it feels. I only had one bad dental problem before I developed CFS. Now I expect to visit the dentist so often, I pay for his holidays. I'm almost as used to being told off for having poor teeth as I am to being told 'How well you look !' <g>

Just recovering from root canal treatment to one tooth with an abscess the X-rays had failed to miss, when I developed it in another tooth on the other side of my mouth. Again the x-rays didn't show anything, but this time he figured he'd better show willing, and lo and behold, he finds that work another dentist did 2 years ago resulted in another abscess. I'll probably get the bill the week my job finishes and I'm out of work.

Here 'disability' means just that; it's not a passport to social assistance. So I'm trying to fight one infection and do a day's work while another one is brewing away.

It might help to know that antibiotics probably won't help, and they will actually delay the treatment, since a good dentist won't do final work until he/she is sure the infection has gone away, which means waiting to see if it comes back after the antibiotics have been finished.

If you find any helpful advice, please let me know !

Yours in pain

Vloga
  5. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Yes, in about 1.5 years I've cracked 3 teeth, broken 2 more & had 2 root canals (the last of which was infected!). I even wear a mouth guard. I also think some of the prescriptions are drying my mouth out, & there's more tooth decay w/ less saliva.

i think I'm grinding away at night w/ all the fibro pain. I'm hoping to get dental insurance next year for the first time in my life.

Is a tooth really worth $2,500? Some days yes, but most days no!

best thoughts.
  6. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I have noticed much more teeth sensitivity lately and the one thing I have always known I could count on is that I have (had) great teeth. They are my pride & joy. I am going to my dentis for my every 4 month cleaning next Tues or Wed, now I am dreading what happens.

Jaci
  7. whitedove879

whitedove879 New Member

l hope he says everything is good for you. I had good teeth too up to a couple years ago now and now they are a real mess. I know l have to tell myself to release my jaw, l know l clutch my teeth l guess with the pain for it all. But now to have them braking off is scary. I really can't afford to see a dentist and l hate now to leave the house and smile even here in the house. I think l'll buy some stock in the anbesol (the the type) companies. I go through so much of it just to lessen the pain l am in every day.(just joking don't have the money for it :) )
  8. whitedove879

whitedove879 New Member

Sence the begining of this nightmare l have lost so much let alone had to have a hystrectomy, my bones are braking easily(never had a broken bone before this last summer)my teeth a braking right off or some in half, some day l loose my hearing and then l have got up in the morning and totally lost my use of my arm. They say it effects the muscals and you don't stop to think just how every part of your body is part muscal. (sorry fog day for spelling)
  9. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

If you grind your teeth at night, that could cause it. Also, if you don't floss enough it weakens your gums and can cause problems. I sometimes think we put too much emphasis on FMS causing other health problems we may have. I had a tooth break last year - why? Because I bit into a candy and that broke it. My dentist never said it was because of FMS and medicine. I think you should see another dentist.

P.S. - I don't mean to sound harsh. I just think that sometimes things happen that are not caused by FMS.

Annette2 :)