HELP lumpy tendons anyone???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bunchy, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Does anyone get lumps on their tendons around their ankles? They are also painful and stff and tender to pressure.

When I get too hot or very stressed this happens afterwards and can go on for some time.

Just curious to know what they are and what causes them?

Love Bunchy xx
  2. levis

levis New Member

Yeah i get them to also shooting pains up my legs too.
    I also get these lumpy things in my arms.

Horrible, and very painful at times i know

Love Levis
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

Hi

I get the lumpy things on the tops of my thighs

It is very painful to the touch

4. itzmede

itzmede New Member

I have the lumps under my ankle bones. Rheumy told me yesterday that it was Tendonitis. They never go completely away, but sometimes not painful. My left one is very large the last few days and my whole foot hurts, especially my ankle and heel. I think it must be commom for FM and Lupus.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My right bicep tendon ruptured and when the surgeon went in to repair it, he found it in degenerated condition.

Love, Mikie
  6. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

for your input.

It seems this is a fairly common problem.

I was reading about Rheumatoid Arthritis and apparently that can cause the lumpy tendons.

Since I get RA mildly in my fingers at times and the aarticle said flares can be caused by stress (I am moving house soon) I assume my lumps and pain are arthritis related.

Or as someone said, I suppose it could be tendonitis but I'm not sure why that would be brought on by mental stress and heat.

Hugs to all,

Bunchy xxx