HELP!!!!!! - MASSIVE BLOATING

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Manwithfibro, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

My stomach looks like I am pregnant and is irritated no matter what I eat. I was trying to shake up diet in order
    to find out what it is that is getting me...It is hyper extended and hurts. Any thoughts on what might bring this bloating down?

Thanks TIM
  2. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m having the same problems. I also look pregnant. I took gas-X, that helped a little. I don`t have the answers but I`m sure someone will have some suggestions. Also, there was just a few posts on gas and bloating. Look on the 2 to 4 page. There was a few suggestions there.
  4. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Do you think we may have some kind of enzyme problem?

I noticed your birthday is the same as mine...you must be a nice person : )
  5. sofy

sofy New Member

of any kind will do this to me no matter what kind of enzymes I take. I had to completely eliminate all traces of either from my diet.
  6. monicacat

monicacat Member

Try chewing 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, the spice, you can find it in the grocery store and it really works for me.

Peppermint tea is also good, but not as effective as the fennel.

Good Luck,

Monicacat
  7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

When I went high protein/low carb and eliminated all grains from my diet, two weeks later my stomach suddenly collapsed like a cake when you slam the oven door.
    Many alt. med. people think Fibro patients have a mild gluten intolerance. It would not hurt to try it for a couple of weeks and see if it helps you like it did me.
    Klutzo
  8. libra55

libra55 New Member

Oh yeah, been there, sometimes I feel like someone blew me up with a bicycle pump. I agree wholeheartedly what previous people here said about cutting out the carbs. When I cut them out my stomach deflates also. Unfortunately it's baggy not flat as I probably need a tummy tuck!
    Michelle
    [This Message was Edited on 08/15/2003]
  9. Takesha

Takesha New Member

IBS? I get the bloating with the Irratable bowel. Also, I was on cimetidine (tagament) and amatriptlyne (Elavil) at the same time. I started reading about differnt medications on med-line and found out these two should never be taken together. I often put a tube sock filled with rice in the micro and lay it across my tummy, don't know why that helps but it eases the discomfort. Dr. says I should be sure to use the citra-cel, or metamusal for the IBS and that seems to keep the bloating down some also. Hope this helps some.
    Takesha
  10. I wish there was something that would take my stomach down like a cake when the oven door slams! LOL LOL LOL! IBS and dairy makes it worse for me. UGH UGH UGH!
  11. cma331

cma331 New Member

Boy; glad i saw this topic also.....
    Sometimes i think i have a tumor growing inside me; and when they take it out ; it will be the size of a basketball.....
    Thanks to all for some good suggestions....I have a feeling it is those sneaky carbs i eat......Going to reread all the suggestions......
    Carole
  12. LadyMT

LadyMT New Member

A nutritionist had me go on a detoxification diet for a week. It really wasn't that bad and my bloating went down. So I would agree it might be the carbs. Plus I lost 9 pounds in a week! :)

You are only allowed to have lentils, whole grains, fruits and vegetables depending on what day of the diet you are on.

Debbie
  13. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Said it before, will say it again, I want Klutzo's tummy.

Achybrakey (sorry I probably spelled that wrong) your reaction is typical of reaction to yeast and possibly wheat - Cheeze-Its!

With food allergies you may not react to the point YOU are aware everytime you eat offending foods. Then you can eat a few, lets say Cheez-Its and wham-bang!

I have wheat, yeast allergies, so eat low carbs to begin with, cut down even farther, and am trying Somersize combining which helped the bloat a bit.
    June

14. klutzo

klutzo New Member

You don't want my tummy! Even without the bloating, I have Metabolic Syndrome X, and my tummy is way too big for it's own good! I don't even have a waist anymore, and that used to be the smallest part of my body. I'm too old to pretend to be pregnant, so there is no hiding it. :)
    Klutzo