Help me guys!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by silky17, Aug 23, 2005.

1. silky17

silky17 New Member

I just can't take this headache anymore. It has been going strong since Mon. Is it part of Fibro you think or maybe meds? I take skelaxin, effexor,ambien, now Vicoden(not even helping) for this pain. Hormones(Activella)
    I have tried everything. ice on my muscles , moist heat. special pillows.

One thing I will tell you is that I have a tendency to try and adjust my own neck. Do you think that manipul;ating my own muscles that way could aggravate the Fibro?

I have to tell you I am at my wits end.Everything sounds so LOUD! It feels like I have a little man inside my head pulling on my eye muscles trying to pop my eyes to the inside.

Does anyone here have Glaucoma and if so can these kind of headaches be a syptom? They told me that I was suspect of Glaucoma.

Thanks all,

Hurting one! (silky)
  2. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

Sorry to hear about the horrible headaches! It is definitely part of fibro for alot of people, I get daily headaches and they are one of my worst symptoms.
    It can also be from adjusting your own neck, and it can also be from glaucoma, get to a doctor to check it out.
    Glaucoma will also cause visual disturbances.
    Have you always suffered from headaches or is this a new thing?
    There are so many causes for headaches that you'll have to rule everything out first, there is also many different types of headaches.
    Tension and sinus headaches can cause pain in the eyes, while a migraine will cause pain in one eye and be on one side of the head, accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and aura's.
    Also, ask your doctor if you have myofascial pain syndrome which can also cause excruciating headaches.
    Have your blood pressure checked, have your hormones checked, this can all lead to headaches.

In the meantime, have you tried taking Stopayne or Ponstel Forte? They at least take the edge of for me.
    Other things that are supposed to help (not for me) peppermint tea, hot aromatherapy baths, strong coffee and chocolate (that one works sometimes!), hhhhhmmmmmm brainfog now, I know alot of remedies but can't think of anymore now.

Let us know how you are doing!
    Phoebe
  3. Megumi

Megumi New Member

About the only way I can relieve or at least ease the miserable headaches is to take some sort of pain med (I take 4 otc ibuprophen), wrap a sock around my head (to block out light) and lay down with a bag of frozen corn at the back of my neck and try to nap or at least doze off. Ususally within 30 minutes I'll have some relief to where I can get up and function again.

Good luck

4. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

If I've got a bad headache of any kind-Vicoden makes it worse it always makes everything louder. Hope you get relief very soon. I use valerian tea but..I'm not using the prescription you are on and I'm not saying you should mix them by adding valerian tea just telling you what helps me. Vicoden helped me not with pain but did give me a list of side effects a mile long the biggest one of making everything louder.(adding more pain of a different type, if you no what I mean!)
    Dee50
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i had some surgery some years back, welli had this horrible headache doctor said top taking the vicodin, well did and that was my problem. he said i was allergic to it.

i usually wrap neck in ice and take excedrin migraine.

that may help.

good luck
  6. Meekah

Meekah New Member

Accupuncture? My Dad used to get bad headaches for days at a time and since going for accupuncture he is soooo much better.

Hugs and Prayers
    Meekah
  7. Mother_Margaret

Mother_Margaret New Member

In addition to checking the meds ...

What are you doing differently since the headaches started up? Maybe you are getting exposure to 2-butoxyethanol which I suspect for causing this type of headache. Stop any exposure to EGBE, if so.

Also, hormones may be off.

Immune system may be autoimmune & attaching the pituitary.

This kind of headache?
    http://www.valdezlink.com/pages/EGBEhorribleheadaches.htm
  8. Denamay

Denamay New Member

I can'nt really help you but maybe thre is some hope for the future.

I used to have almost daily migraines.

Then, came menopause and no more headaches.

So, for me it must have been hormonal.

The pain was worse during my 40s.

I sure do feel for you! It almost makes my head ache again just remembering that awfull pain.

Take care, Denamay
  9. Mother_Margaret

Mother_Margaret New Member

With the chemical that I suspect for this headache ... and in talking to a lady who had serious exposure to EGBE (2-butoxyethanol) ... she said her headaches stopped after menopause

So, I suspect hormones are off - whether high or low - with this chemical's exposure. www.valdezlink.com/scenario.htm

Maybe an edocrinologiest could figure out what to help you with.

Also, I believe there is lack of testosterone & men loose interest in sex. Certainly a complicated area.

They are having amazing trials with glyconutrients that seem to help the immune system work properly and stop attacking YOU. They seem to be picking things from the 'autoimmune' list: diabetes, cerebral palsy, lupus, scleroderma, MS
  10. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

You head hurts now. When my head hurts like this I go o the doc and get a shot of Toradol. It burn going in but it works better than anything else for me! It's an NSAID and in pill form - it'll rip your stomach up.

I take Fiorocet for headaches and migraines. If I can take 2 when I feel it coming on and lay down in the dark I can stop most migraines from becoming bad.

Maybe some caffiene can help. That should shrink the blood vssels in your head.

Try laying off the Vic's, after a day or so you can end up with a rebound headache from the narcotic in it. I don't know the why's of it - all I know is that it just starts to hurt more.

Have you taken the batteries out of any ticking clocks?

How about laying down with an icepack on your head and a rolled up towel under your neck?

Can you tolerate 'white noise' to block out the other sounds?

Sometimes a warm epson salt bath is enough to loosen the muscle spams. Sometimes a flexeril works wonders (even better than the migraine pills if it's from muscle spams.

Then there's always the old tried and true - Run yor head under the hottest water you can stand for 1-2 minutes. Then the coldest. Alternate these for at least 10 minutes.

I hope you find relief soon - headaches suck!
  11. elsa

elsa New Member

I am so sorry about your headaches. They were never ever a problem for me before CFS/FM. I don't take those meds. so I can't advise you on whether they can cause headaches.

For me .... the new found chemical allergies can trigger a whopper headache. Smells of all kinds bother me now. I have the rx prescription axert for when I can't get rid of them any other way. I describe them as Fibro Migraines. ( Migraine type pain, but alittle different then the average migraine.)

If I take my singulair, flonase, and tussi-bid everyday, I am usually able to keep the headaches at bay. Also, taking a good b-comp and magnesium/zinc at night help prevent them.

At the end of my cycle when I'm apt to retain water, I add an extra b-6 ( in addition to the b-complex )as a diruetic and watch salt intake.

When the things hit and nothing shakes them loose, I'll wear my sunglasses no matter if the sun is out or not .... whether I am outdoors or in. I bought a pair of dark amber lenses that wrap around enough to block light from coming in from the sides. The frames are extremely light, so no added pressure from them. I call these my "FIBRO SHADES" LOL !

Sometimes I think these FM/CFS headaches are the hardest symptom for me to deal with. I haven't had too many problems with them this month , thank goodness.

Having adjusted ( or working on adjusting ) my hormones have helped too, ... particularly the nat.progesterone.

I hope you feel better soon. Fibro headaches are insidious. My natural preventative treatments seem to be working to the point of not having to rely on my rx very often. My fingers are crossed that I have them under control.

Good luck with your treatment of them. I'll keep you in my thoughts .....

Elsa

I forgot to mention I use ear plugs to block out noise while I sporting my fibro shades. Anything it takes right ?!?
  12. ckk

ckk New Member

i used to get migraine everyday....then my doctor gave me topomax!!!!! what a wonderful drug! you should ask about it, in the mean time (let me stress) i am no where near a doctor! but this is what i do.... take a vicadin and a excedrin migraine with a glass of doctor pepper and then take a hot bath then go to bed. its worth a shot. good luck. but remember that is me and i have no experience in the medical field so if you are allergic to aspirin or anything like that look into something else. good luck.
    ckk