Help Me Locate Some CFIDS/FMS Awareness Materials

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MrHappyGoLucky12, Jan 22, 2006.

1. MrHappyGoLucky12

MrHappyGoLucky12 New Member

Hello,

I am going to do a month-long display at my University to promote awareness of CFIDS/FMS for an entire month. Can any of you refer me to or suggest some organizations that have materials (posters, brochures, etc.) available that I could use?

Also, when is National CFIDS Awareness Month and when is National FMS Awareness month?

MrHappyGoLucky12
  2. jenn5

jenn5 New Member

this is the best resource I know of. I think they have plenty of that kind of thing. cfids and fms day is March 12, don't think it has a month. Good luck with the awareness part.
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

This site has some material they will send...probably available on the main page. I forget.

Have you read "The Thief of Many Lives", that is so powerful.
    Also "SPOONS" and "Letter to the Normals" (I think that is the title)......
    Enter each, one at a time, to the search box at the top of each page.

I do not know if this is wanted, but they have helped me share and I have had a good response by doing so.

Good Luck and Many Blessings....I am glad you are doing this! THANKS.
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

You can get free material on FM from them. I do believe they will send you as much as you want.

Good luck with it,
    Sue
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

This is a great idea! Another member was right about there not being a FMS/CFIDS month, but there is an awareness day. It's May 12 not March 12. May 12 was chosen as it is the same day as Florence Nightingale's birthday. It is believed that she also suffered from FMS/CFIDS.

Last year I helped with a program on FMS/CFIDS at the college on where I work and I did get some brochures from this website. They sent me quite a few and at no cost. I remembered I e-mailed one of the moderators about this, but can't remember her name now. I remember that Mikie (who used to be a moderator here) gave me her name. You might try e-mailing or maybe just post another message regarding needing info on getting brochures.

You might also try the National Fibromyalgia Association. They have a website (can't think of it offhand), but I'm sure you could find it if you do a search. I've been a member of NFA for several years now and get a FMS/CFIDS magazine several times a year from them. They might have some brochures or posters to send you.

Ellen

6. MrHappyGoLucky12

MrHappyGoLucky12 New Member

Does anyone have any ideas for how to go about creating a display on CFIDS/FMS at my University? How should I do it? What sort of materials and information should I include?