HELP ME PLEASE TERRIBLE HEAD ACHES

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ninas, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Ninas

Ninas New Member

Hello dear brothers and sisters of the same terrible FM symptoms.

¿¿¿¿Are terrible head aches in both sides of the head, part of fibromyalgia symptoms??? Are they supposed to come and them go for a few weeks like the other FM pains all over the body?? THE HEAD ACHES ARE MAKING ME CRAZY!!!! I never had them before until now……Nina
    ....Are they part ot the "general symptoms??? Are they supposed to go for a while??
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Ninas:
    As long as I stay on the pain meds and an antihistamine (for sinus headaches) I seem to be OK in the headache department. However, today I have a royal one. It feels like my head is going to break into two. I have taken my pain meds and am patiently waiting. I might have to resort to the old trick of massaging my head with rubbing alcohol.

I would imagine they are Fibromyalgia related, as I used to get them once a week and they would last three days or more. I had very few headache-less days. I am so glad I have pain meds. I do not know what I would do without them.

My guess: yes, related, but I will follow this post to see if I am right or wrong.

n.f.
  3. UPK5

UPK5 New Member

Hi Nina,

I was diagnosed with FMS 2 years ago. Back then the only headaches I had were from my chronic sinus infections. My pains were intense in my mid-back and both knees. I still have pain in those places, but new painful areas have been added to my list.

Last year I developed intense shoulder pain and it still bothers me. This year, I too got those incredible headache pains, even when my sinuses were in check.

I have written about my headaches on this website, in my own post and have responded to others, too. If you do a search for headaches, you will see how many people have been suffering with the same annoying pain.

I hope you find some relief. It is terrible to be in pain, especially when your HEAD hurts, a lot!

Cindy
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Headaches are often a part of FM and many of us suffer from them. I would say first, that if this is a new symptom, you should get it checked out. That's always a good rule.

There is, as had been said ,much info on headaches here. Many find help from massage, acupuncture or other types of body work. Exercises can help the neck and back muscles Meditation can also help. There are many specific meds that can help prevent or abort the headaches. We can probably never totally avoid them but there is help with proper evauation.

Kathy.
  5. caroleye

caroleye New Member

This is a fairly new one that chiropractors are starting to use for pain of all sorts.

The providers are listed if you google it.

LIGHT********carole
  6. ziva

ziva New Member

nina, ever since i was dx with fibromyalgia several years ago i was also dx with migraine headaches. if this is new pain you need to see a dr about it. my migraines used to last for 1 to 2 weeks at a time or come several times a week. now i have them under control with maxalt but it took me years to find the right med for it. i think the best thing you can do is see your dr and try to be patient until you find out what your headaches are and what will help them.

best wishes
    ziva
  7. luv2float

luv2float New Member

She says to take a lime and cut it in half then rub it on your head, it will stop the throbbing. Never tried it, but, you never know.

I usually use a cold wash cloth and rub my temples and hope I can sleep, sleep, sleep.

Good luck, been there before.
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

i get these and they are awful as they never seem to end.

I found through this board that drinking pedialite or gatorade two glasses can help the headaches and it worked for me.

I think it is fibro, but always go and have headaches checked as you want to rule out.

I once had a head like you describe for 5 months solid, it was a seven axe headache for sure, axes all over the head.

Also your neck can cause it too.

Feel better. Try the pedialite.

Love Anne C
  9. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Have always had headaches,and migraines.But the headaches I get from this DD.is different.My doc put me on Zomig (rapimelt),they dissolve under my tongue. I have got so I take them like candy.
    So sorry that you are plagued with them.Definately no fun.I sometimes find a hot facecloth on my brow helps.There are times when I put my hands on top of my head and hold tight.The pressure feels good.
    Hope you find something that works hun,really!!
    gentle hugs
    jordane
  10. starmom

starmom New Member

I have had headaches since very early childhood (migraine dx age 4!!). first: never let a doc tell you migraines are only on ONE side of the head. Thsi couldn't be more wrong! Migraines can be on both sides and/or all over hte head!

Are your back/neck muscles tight? This will trigger headaches, and migraine headaches.

There are headache preventatives: beta blockers (will lower your bolood pressure, but work well if you can tolerate them); calcium channel blockers (also bp meds, but personally not as good as beta blockers); and anti convulsants - these should be the last tried as the side effects can be REALLY bad. I refused depakote, too much weight gain and other risks. Topomax was a blessing for several years, then seemed to stop working. Fewer side effects, weight LOSS was good, but cognitive dulling was terrible when added to fibrofog. MAOI's are also used as preventatives, but you can't take much of ANY other meds with them, so I havn'ttried them.

Some people get relief from estrogen, or from having hysterectomies. just stabilizing hte levels can help. Some people get worse with hysterectomies and/or estrogen. NOT a reason for a hysterectomy, IMHO.

As your doc about a triptan (Imitrex, zomig, relpax and a couple of others). Thes may give relief, but you can only take so many in a 24 hour period, or a month.

Massage and aromatherapy can be wonderful. I personally use rice bags heated in the nuker to soothe my headaches. Some people do better with cold packs, or with one on the head and the other on the neck.

I hope some of this helps. Hugs, Susie
  11. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

and I bothered by sinus problems along with TMJ issues too.

Sometimes a visit to the Chiropractor will help too. I went yesterday afternoon & it helped a lot. I still have some pain--but mainly behind my right eye.

Another thing I do is put Icey Hot or similar product on my neck & shoulders and then lay down with an ice pack.
    There is something about heat & ice that really help me.

My headaches are mostly on the right side of my head or the top to the right. But sometimes it does feel like my whole head is in a vise & is going to expode.

[This Message was Edited on 04/15/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/15/2006]
  12. catsmeow369mi

catsmeow369mi New Member

I have had a constant migraine for about 2 months. I take fioricet & it helps for about 4 hours then it is back. When I go to my pain doc in 2 wks, we will have to discuss this. I can't take imitrex. My sucky insurance doesn't cover some stuff so I have to be careful with what I get perscribed.

Val