help me please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mainerose, Jan 12, 2007.

1. mainerose

mainerose New Member

i have been having a lot of muscle aches in my right arm and shoulder and it is even keeping me up at night. doc. says i am doing everthing right, but pain is still in control. it has been sugested that i try smoking pot to help. i know that in maine we do have medical pot(can not seem to spell the m word) here in maine. does anyone know if this works and the rules in using it. then does it work? i am woundering as i am so tired of pain!!!!!! i know my hydrocodone don't work all the time only about half. can someone please help me. i do work out, but have taken off my feet due to very invasive knee surgury. please help me i need support and help. visit my profile for more info if you wish....
    thanks
    mainerose
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

We have to find the problem. If the pain is ischemic pain, then no pain reliever will work.

My M.D. also said that I was doing everything right, but I was getting more tired by the week. I finally went to a D.O. and we looked at viruses that cause Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The D.O. found EBV and CMV.

I read your profile but found nothing that can help. Have you had a Hair Analysis? What makes your FM worse? what makes it better? What other symptoms do you have?
  3. suzyQ44

suzyQ44 New Member

Hi, Mainerose

When I am at the worst of the worst pain . I rub my arms legs or what ever is hurting in mucsle rub and I wrap them in ace bandages I got like 8 of those thing's (most of the time it is my arms) They hurt so bad sometimes I can't hardly stand it and wrapping them up like that is the only relief I get. I use a cheap mucsle rub from the Dollar store I have tried the higher priced ones to find out the dollar tubes work just as well. My hands and fingers also hurt sooooooooooo bad I soak them in a sink full of hot water and that helps. I don't take any pain meds at this time, but I am seeing my Dr, this month to ask about perscribing me a Tens Machine. I read your profile we are the same age I LOVE to fish and I used to hunt years ago with my dad & husband & you and my sister have the same birthday, thought that was kind of neat. I hope this help's even alittle. Hoping you are feeling better soon. Suzyq44
    [This Message was Edited on 01/12/2007]
  4. sdown

sdown New Member

Ive used the supplement called SAMe for 6 years. It helps relieve pain, detoxifies liver & helps stabilize moods. My doctor recommended it.