Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Heald, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Heald

Heald New Member

PLEASE let me know if any of you are/have experinced this. I've just spent 2-3 days in the hospital with in the last two weeks.

I've been very dizzie, pressure in my chest, pain in my left arm, heart palpatations, weak in the legs, and a feeling of all the blood being drained out of me, like I'm going to collaps.

I've had all of the heart tests the last two weeks, and they were all negative. The symptoms are like hert attack in women. The chest presure comes and go; in fact, I can either experience them all at once or they can be varied.

Please let me know if you've experienced this.

2. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

Hi, I have had just what you have explained for about 2 years now. I do have copd, so they thought the chest pains was from that. Now I think that it is from FM. Same with the pain in the left arm. Unless we are on the verge of having an attack I dont know. Does it hurt if you press on your chest. Mine does really bad, I think it is one of the trigger points they talk about for fibo.I just stopped going to the ER.
  3. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

While I'm not experiencing it now, I have experienced in the past before I was diagnosed with FM (although I'm positive I had it then). I thought I was having a heart attack and I had to have an angiogram the next day. I was dx'd with very mild cardiomyopathy. Since my heart is now normal, my heart has either fixed itself of the dx was bogus.

I still feel pressure/pain in my left arm and take meds for HBP, but my heart continues to be fine.
  4. msnova74

msnova74 New Member

The symptoms that you are describing are very similar to what I feel when my chosteochondritis flares up.

5. msnova74

msnova74 New Member

I guess I thought it needed another H. Sorry :}

It is an inflammation of the costal cartalidge, (rib cartlidge)

Mine was so bad when i first had it that my whole chest was bright on the x-ray.

I have a congenital heart defect so chest pain is a biggie. They thought that the tachycardia was brought on by the pain.

6. Heald

Heald New Member

Hi Patty,

Yes, I had chest x-ray, stress test, ecogram, sonogram, and the angi gram. It's not the trigger point in my chest, I just feel pressure, and pressure around my heart. I'll have heart palpatation, weak legs and great fatigue. Sometimes very bad dizziness. It's very scary. You almost feel like you might die.
  7. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Heald,

TODAY I have had the exact same thing. I had to call the paramedics - I also have extreme shortness of breath and fever and tachycardia - its so scary I cry all day and am so afraid...wish I was brave!

I have had left arm pain for two months - dizzy or swimming head gets worse the more I cry.

So I hope you can take some solace from us that we have so many of the same symptoms...

I am so sorry - it is so so hard to handle - and so frustrating that the medical field can not determine what is happening and worse acts like we are either making it up ("oh yeah right" - think Cameron Diaz speaking here) or crazy.

Anyway I hope it goes away fast and God blesses us all soon with relief, peace and some answers...

God Bless,

[This Message was Edited on 07/03/2008]
  8. findmind

findmind New Member

Please research in the field above:

Impedance Cardiograph.

Many with CFIDS/ME have an IN-flow problem with the heart. It is a form of heart failure called Diastolic Cardiomyopathy.

I would highly suggest you call the BioZ Company (ask 411 for the toll-free number?) and ask if anyone in your area code does the 30 min. test.

9. hi all,

heald,i went through what you have just gone through.

my attack was about five weeks ago,and i had been overworked at my job.

also the weather was extremely hot,and the air quality outdoors was reported as being very bad for anyone who suffers from hayfever.

i had been exposed to some chemical,that a worker had brought in to work, from home.she,s been repremanded for it by our boss.

so there were many reasons that week, as to why the condition you describe above,happened to me.

this is the first time in my life,that it had happened to me,and yes,all the symptoms are of having a heart attack.its truly frightning.

a paramedic said he thought id been exposed to something.

and what i was having was a severe panic attack.

he learned me to slow my breathing down,and the my heart calmed down greatly.

my blood pressure was very low,it always is.

i just wonder if on occasions,our blood pressure rises,and we get this frightening change in our body that suddenly takes over,and makes us panic.

its just a thought im having right now.

im told its better to have low blood pressure,than high blood pressure.low causes dizzy spells though,makes us off balance.

its great news that all is well with us,when tested.

but frustrating when something sudden comes our way and makes us fatigued and bedbound.

i did find that my own company,(being by myself),and peace and quiet over the next few days,was very healing to me.

extreme heat doesnt help matters the hayfever,as it makes having windows open to cool us down,a real pain.

you arent alone sweetheart,i totally know how scared you felt,its truly horrible.

i hope you feel better now,i do.

love fran
  10. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have had the same symptoms, had the test, most of them negative. I was told it was from CFS, Anxiety and Reactive Hypoglycemia.

My symptoms come and go, how I can relate to the drained feeling , like you are going to die.

If I stay on a low carb diet it does help with the heart palps and fatigue.

Glad your test were negative, so try not to worry.

God bless,

11. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

I had the same symptoms a few years ago and ended up in the E/R. I was dx'd with pleurisy (inflammation of the lining around the lungs - they can hear it with a stethoscope) and panic attacks.

Since being on anti-anxiety meds, these attacks have been under control for the most part. A very stressful situation can trigger a panic attack - but at least I know what to expect - and I know I'm NOT having a heart attack.

best to you,
  12. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

I have also had the same symptoms and I described them to my doctor.

She said that I have Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome from having to deal with all this junk having to do with my disabiity and fighting for Social Security !

She said as a result , I am having panic attacks.

Just a thought . It is amazing that the trauma from fighting all of this can actually cause more illness. But that is what stress does to a person's body .

13. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

To healed and Elisa,
    I had the same thing recently - lasted a month. It was horrible - I could not breath, chest hurt, lots of pressure.

It turns out it was two things combined - I had a dislocated rib which was causing terrible muscle spasms in front and in the back. I went to chiro and he adjusted me and it was gone. Amazing. I really had the shortness of breath, pain down left arm, rapid pulse, higher blood pressure. It was in essence - a pain event - that lasted a month!

Also, I had triggered an episode of hypercoagulation which means thick blood - I have had this before and it came back probably due to a recent trip - exposure to a new bug or something.

Anyway, with a muscle relaxer to stop the spasms before they get bad and daily taking butchers broom (to make the platelets in my blood less sticky so they can move oxygen around better) I am over this problem.

It took a while to figure it out. I am sharing this in case this fits your current situation.

(I also went in to the ER twice convinced I was having a heart attack and I hate going because they just look at you like you are crazy. Also saw a cardiologist = all tests were normal).