Help me...regarding Magnets for pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spudzy, Dec 23, 2005.

1. spudzy

spudzy New Member

Can anyone tell me anything about magnets..I have been reading that they are helpful for pain and works for FM patients....anyone know where you can order them on line that is safe....don't want to order and give credit card # just to anyone...thanks,
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

The best magnets are Nikken magnets. The explanation of why is gone from my brain right now, something about each magnet being covered with N,S,E and W poles rather than just one at each end. I think.

They are expensive but I do know of some people who have been helped by them. I have the insoles and my sore ankles that were sprained years ago have definitely improved. I have been wearing them all day for the last couple of months and wonder if they have contributed to a slight improvement in my energy levels.

Nikken magnets are expensive though. If you can find a representative to explain them to you, it might be worth your while.

Pepper
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I wouldn't spend to much money on them. They don't help me at all. You can find them used in the newspaper the roll out bed toppers. You can buy magnets at Rite-Aid and other drug stores..ect Magnets for your shoes, wrist,leg,arm magnets.
    Keep them away from your computer.
    Happy Holidays,
    Dee50
  4. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

I bought a very inexpensive set of HomeMedics TheraP magnets years ago. I don't know exactly why they help, but they do.

I wouldn't say they take 100% of the pain away, but they make things a lot more bearable for me.

Receently I wanted to replace my set -- mainly the strip I use as a headband for my daily headaches. I typed in "magnetic therapy" on the internet search bar and chose from there.

I found a brand called BioFlex. Many vendors sold them, I chose a sleep mask and a collar type strip from two different companies -- both were aimed at the senior citizen demographic, their prices were by far the cheapest.

The sleep mask helps immensely with my headaches. Unfortunately, since it covers my eyes I'm limited to using it in bed. LOL. The collar thingy helps with my neck spasms.

When I bought the first set my entire family tried them out. We were split almost exactly 50-50 on those it helped and those it didn't.

I still take pain meds, but using the magnets has helped me to cut down on the amount of meds I take. If you're trying them for the first time, I'd say go with a less expensive brand first to see if they'll work with your body's make-up.

Mar
    [This Message was Edited on 12/23/2005]
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

I too am interested in others' experiences with magnets. I am thinking of buying more of them but they are expensive!

The two people I know of who have shown improvement have used the "sleep system" - magnets under and over them all night and one also used the necklace which she said really helped her chronic headaches.

Has anyone else found improvement - or not?

Pepper