Help me!!! Suddenly having no appetite and trouble swallowing!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by imgreat, Nov 2, 2005.

1. imgreat

imgreat New Member

I'm not expecting a Dr. kind of reply, just wondered if anyone has had this problem. I've lost probley 20 pounds in the last couple of months!! Fibro pain is bad and joint pain if bad also! Thanks for any help you can provide!
  2. 57Wagon

57Wagon New Member

Imgreat you should go see your doctor just to be sure.
  3. Tiels

Tiels New Member

I totally agree with the above statement!! Please go see your doc! :)
  4. abbylee

abbylee New Member

You should see your doc asap

abbylee
  5. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

I really don't want to scare you but trouble swallowing is
    one of the 7 warning signs of cancer. I had this problem
    in my teens and thank god it was stress related. I also
    lost my appetite. My step father had the same problem
    and it turned out he had cancer. There can be many reasons
    so you need to see a doctor to rule any thing out that is
    serious.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2005]
  6. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

There's no telling what it can be without having your doctor check. Heck, it could even be your thyroid.

You should ask for a doctor's appointment at their very earliest convenience. Don't put this off. Better to be safe cause losing 20 pounds isn't normally a very easy thing to do. Besides, "Help me!!!" means that you know that you need to deal with it now. Please make the call, and don't let them put you off with an appointment at sometime in the future.

(((Hugs)))
  7. onemorml

onemorml New Member

I just went though the whole thyroid thing. I did not relize how big it had gotten. The dr that removed my thyroid was suprized how much it had pushed in to my troat. I had trouble chocking when eating. A thyroid problem will agrivate your Fibro.
    Either way get to a doctor.
  8. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

You had your thyroid "removed"?
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We've had this question before and many of us have had this swallowing problem. I have and it's like a muscle spasm every time I tried to swallow. It went away or I would have had it checked just to be sure.

Love, Mikie
  10. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

...I'll bet you would have gone to the doc. if you'd lost 20 pounds in two months, wouldn't you? You would, I know you would. :)