HELP ME? What do you do for these symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Jun 28, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

For about a week I have been having the flu like pains and a low grade fever .

Getting very tired again. I took my meds like always and like always went to bed sweating so bad my cloths were damp. Why change they stay that way all night.

About 12 midnight I woke up no sweating ,No pain I felt like I had broke out of a fever and felt really good .

It lasted for 5 hours I went back to sleep thinking I finely had gotten ride of some infection.

I'm taking antibiotic's because of the spider bite I had a few weeks ago that left a hole in my nose.

Anyhow I woke up again at 8 and the pain was back and the sweating is terrible ,along with feeling like I still have a terrible infection. I do not know why this can leave my body for a short few hours only to return even worse.

I have noticed that when I take antibiotics for anything they help take the edge off the pain and I am able to function a little better .
    As soon as I run out of them things go back to all the old pains and tiredness.

Do any of you have this same reaction and do you think it could mean I have a more serious underlying infection in my body somewhere?

My blood work did not show Lyme's D. But I have to have the lupus stuff run again ,it looked a little high or showed some kind of RA starting. who knows ,they want me to run it again.

I feel like telling them for now on take two tube's of everything so I won't have to come back.

This is so frustrating ,If I can go for 5 hours without pain shouldn't that mean there should be a way to end this pain?Help!I just want to cry. I feel like I'm going on a roller coaster ride again.

[This Message was Edited on 06/28/2006]
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

bump for help
  3. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Very strange that things subside and then return. I personally have gotten fevers on and off due to Epstein Barr, but I've never had pain relief along with that. Have you ever been tested for any of the prevalent viruses that are common to cfids? (ebv, hhv6, coxsackie, cytomeglia)

BUT, I'm thinking that if you seem to respond to anti-biotics, that it sounds bacterial????

I'm sorry I can't be of more help :(

It really does sound like your body is fighting off something......what that something is, is the question???

Do you have a good doctor?

Sorry your feeling so horrible. The promising part is that you experience relief, therefore I would think relief is possible!!

Keep us posted :)

scapper

btw, LOVE that little cutie in your profile!!!!!

4. emiltim

emiltim New Member

What kind of spider bit you?? This sounds pretty serious to me! Might be worth a trip to the ER to get it re-checked!!!
  5. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Hi carebelle,

Sorry your hurting so badly. I know we've talked about this before, but I'm going back to the talk about lyme disease.

In your post you said:
    "I have noticed that when I take antibiotics for anything they help take the edge off the pain and I am able to function a little better .
    As soon as I run out of them things go back to all the old pains and tiredness."

I have read this over and over again on a lyme board that I go to. I know you said you had a lyme test that came up negative. Do you have a copy of it? Do you know what the name of the test was?

A person can have a negative lyme test and still have lyme disease. This happens often. The testing is not very reliable. The most reliable is the Igenex Western Blot. The diagnosis is clinical, so it's important to see a LLMD (lyme literate medical doctor)which I do not believe is the doctor who tested you.

It's difficult to grapple with all of this when you are not feeling good at all. Hope you have a brighter morning.

Hopeful4
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

I agree you need to contact your dr. again. Spider bites can be very toxic to your body.

Also, I've always known fevers to be one of the seven signs of cancer...especially night ones; do you have regular pelvic and paps? Sometimes hyperplasia of the uterus (precancerous) can cause them...it happened to me.

ABXs make me feel better too, but I can't take the "herxing" over a long period, so don't take them regularly.

Let us know how you are, ok?
    findmind
  7. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

The fact that your pain responds to abx really indicates, to me, that you may actually have lyme and/or another vector-borne disease. Hopeful is right -- a negative test doesn't mean much at all -- I'd urge you to please seek a lyme literate opinion and accurate testing!

You may be feeling worse from the abx, actually, due to a herxheimer reaction. I have Lyme, and treatment has made a world of difference in how I feel -- but I felt a lot worse before I felt beter....! (Oh, forgot to add -- I showed a high RA factor at first from the Lyme itself -- )

Good luck!
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

This is weird.Last night I decided what the heck I'm going to try something so I normally wake up every 4 hours .I took 2- 250 mg caps of Tetracycline and 2 buffern around the clock.

This morning I am very tired ,but I eel like my body is trying to fight an infection.Some of the pain is not as bad as it has been and I am able to breath deeper.

I do not know what kind of spider it was ,we are just guessing it was a spider because it swelled up and had a hole .

I do not have a copy of the lyme testing but I beleave it was the Western Block test.I'll have to check it out.

My doctor will not do anything ,maybe rerun test but other then that they just look at me like I'm dumb.This is a team of doctors I am required to see at the military clinic.

If I go in there one more time I'm affraid they will lock me up.Or they will never try to help me.I am really lost as to how to handle this.

I am praying my husband gets the job he has applyed for and we move.I will be able to see civilian Doctors and have another insurence to use.

Short of that I do not see anything changeing unless I have something really bad come over me that they have to face it.

to these doctors everything that is wrong with me is caused because I'm in medapause.Once you hit this age every symptom you complane about they tell you it just medapause.

I know it looks like I am not being aggresive enough with my Doctors but I really am .Nothing changes.

Unless your heart has stopped or there is blood all over you I don't think they will do anything different.

Thank you all for hearing what I have to say at least you do not make me feel crazy .

I will call the office today but I dont think they will do anything.Im not going in only to be looked at and sent away with nothing getting changed.I just do not feel well enough to sit there.

Thanks anyhow for careing.

9. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

If your Dr. reruns the Lyme test, makes sure its the Western Blot done through a reputable lab. Igenex or Bowen are both very good.

I was diagnosed with FM for 5 years before they figured out I had Lyme - or should I say, I figured out I had Lyme and went to see a LLMD