Help-my body cannot fight anything!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tanyasue, Aug 21, 2005.

1. tanyasue

tanyasue New Member

OK, i am at a loss here. I got sick last week, and have a bladder infection, ear infections (in both ears), sinus infection and possible bronchitis. It started as an ear infection, sinus infection and bladder infection.

It seems that my immune system is absoltuely shot. I mean I cannot fight off anything at all. My doctor is suspection that I have something besides fibro and is doing tests (MRI and a ton of blood work).

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on with my body? I am at a loss.

ts
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I cannot diagnose, but I have had all the things you mention. I have a depressed immune system, because I have a chronic bone marrow infection that is a result of poory done root canals. The infection is also what triggered my CFIDS and Fibro.

If you are interested in being tested for this, know that it takes a scan with an isotope. A regular Xray will not show a bone marrow infection. Not all places do it. Mine was done at Presbyterian Hospital in San Francisco. I see that you are from Southern California. I'm sure there would be good places there, if you want to do it.

After the scan,a piece of the bone marrow is removed, usually by an oral surgeon, and a biopsy of that is done.

You may not have had any root canals or work that would give you a bone infection. I don't know what to say, in that case, except that allergies could play a part.

Good luck to you. Please keep us posted.
    Hugs,
    Terry
    [This Message was Edited on 08/21/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/21/2005]
  3. tanyasue

tanyasue New Member

Thanks for the info. I have had 9 root canals, and a few by a very poor dentist.

Hoping others have some ideas to talk to my doctors about.

ts