HELP! My Feet Are So Painful.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0909, Aug 2, 2005.

1. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

My feet have been soooo sore last few weeks.
    The balls of my feet are swollen every morning when I first wake up and also when I rest then try to move again.
    I have bunions for years but they seem to have grown lately.They are very red,swollen and shiny and the pain is like a hot poker being stuck in them and I cannot move an inch.
    My big toe gets painful from an ingrown toenail and swells up each time I have an an episode with the bunions.
    Two of my brothers have gout but I tested negative for this.
    Anybody else got these problems??? Boo Hoo!

Rena UK
  2. jake123

jake123 New Member

Yes, sore, tender footies here also. Even on top of my feet. I had a bunionectomy(both feet at the same time) twenty years ago but the joints are still touchy. There are neuromas under the second and third toes on both feet!
    I started wearing my shoes a size larger after the bunionectomy. No way will I wear a heel. I hope you don't either. I try to wear jazzy sneakers at school or Mephisto sandals.
    Be kind to your feet. Slather on some thick cream and put on socks. Or put some mineral mud on them and put a hot towel around them while you watch TV.
    I know UK'ers do alot of walking. My mother was from Manchester. My grandmother use to walk way ahead of me and call me slowpoke. In Texas we don't walk much in the summer. Asphalt and concrete are way too hot! It is 100 today.
    Anyway, you are not alone hon' !!!
  3. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

Anyone else???? The swelling under the feet is getting worse!
    Rena
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Your problems may be different though, but it's worth a try, esp. given that p.a. is adrenal fuel and helps w/ stress. And when we are stressed we need more.

I'm also having excellent success w/ enzymes, digestive and proteolytic for all types of inflammation pain and there are threads on both. I won't bump unless you are online and want to see them though. Many studies have been done on enzymes to treat post surgery inf. and the resulting pain, and in healing sports injuries too. I've totally replaced all NSAIDS and aspirin for myself, because they work far better.

I'd recommend getting aloe vera gel, some good quality stuff from health store and slathering it on your feet several times a day.

Jeanne
  5. Nancy2189

Nancy2189 New Member

Rena, you might want to ask your podiatrist about Morton's Neuroma. Its what I have and I was misdiagnosed for about 18 months. My podiatrist and my fibro doctor work together very well.
    Good luck, Nancy
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Burning Soles and Heels
    Sliced lemon should be rubbed over the intire burning soles and heals of feet. A great deal of toxin elimination takes place through the pores of the feet. Lemon application promotes such elimination and keep the feet free from pain and distress.

{My sidenote: the toxins coming out of soles explains soooo much now. It's more occasional, but I used to get excruciating foot pain, mostly the bottom and toes, and I knew traffic fumes and shopping were big triggers and I'm MCS. Always wondered why my feet so bad, now I know. I'm trying it too, though the p.a. made a big diff.

Jeanne}

Digestive Problems
    A ripe lemon is a good appetiser. The lemon juice stimulates the flow of saliva and gastric juice and is regarded as an excellent digestive agent. It destroys intestinal worms and eliminates the treatment of several digestive problems like dyspepsia, constipation and biliousness. Heartburn is easily relieved by taking the juice of half a lemon in a little water.

Fevers
    Lemon juice makes an effective thirst-quenching drink in pox, measles, scarlet and other fevers which are attendent with extreme thirst and a very hot and dry skin.

Haemorrhage
    Lemon is effective in the haemorrhage or bleeding of lungs, stomach, intestines, uterus, kidneys and other internal organs. In these cases, lemon juice should be taken with water several times a day.

Enlargement of Spleen
    Lemons are valuable in the case of enlargement of spleen. Two lemons, cut up into halves and slightly heated after adding a little salt, have proved beneficial in this condition.

Rheumatic Affections
    Though the lemon juice is sour in taste, its reaction in the body is alkaline and as such it is valuable in the treatment of rheumatic affections such as gout, rheumatism, sciatica, lumbago, pain in hip joints which result from too much acid in the body. A sufficient intake of lemon juice prevents the deposit of uric acid in the tissues and thus reduces the possibility of an attack of gout.

Obesity
    An exclusive lemon juice is an effective remedy for obesity. On the first day the patient should be given nothing but plenty of water. On the second day juice of three lemons mixed with equal amount of water should be given. One lemon should be subsequently increased each day until the juice of 12 lemons is consumed per day. Then the number of lemons should be decreased in the same order until three lemons are taken in a day. The patient may feel weak and hungry on first two days, but afterwards the condition will stabilise by itself.

Cold
    For a bad cold, the juice of two lemons in half-a-litre of boiling water, sweetened with honey, taken at bed time, is a very effective remedy.

Circulatory Disorders
    The lemon is a rich source of vitamin P and it contains 1.75 mg. of this vitamin per 100 gm. It is found both in the juice and peel of the fruit. This vitamin is essential for controlling haemorrhage in a variety of conditions and for preventing capillary fragility. It is, therefore, regarded as a valuable food medicine in high blood pressure and arterio-sclerosis. It strengthens the entire arterial system and consequently, is of value in many circulatory disorders and heart weakness.

Lemon peel is equally effective in these disorders. Shredded lemon peel may be added to soups and stews, or sprinkled over salad. To make a medicine, the peel of one or two lemons may be cut finely and keep in warm water for about 12 hours. A teaspoonful may be taken every three hours, or immediately before or after a meal.

Cholera
    Lemon has been proved by nature with wonderful anticholera properties. Lemon juice can kill cholera bacilli within a very short time. It is also a very effective and reliable preventive food item against cholera during the epidemic. For this purpose, it can be taken in the form of sweetened or salted beverages. Taking of lemon with food as a daily routine also saves from cholera.

Foot Relaxation
    Those who have to walk long distances will derive comfort by often soaking their feet in hot water and then a thorough rubbing of the feet with lemon juice. The benefit here is in the contrasting actions of the hot water which opens the pores and the lemon juice which presents a cooling, astringent action. This treatment is also said to promote healthy sleep, owing to its relaxing action on the foot nerves.

Corn
    Lemon is valuable in corns. A fresh slice of lemon should be tied over the painful area at night and it should be allowed to remain there whole night.

Beauty Aid
    Lemon is regarded as a youth restorative. It helps create youthful health. To help cleanse blemished skin, the area should be rubbed with a fresh piece of lemon. The juice should be soaked into the skin, allowing it to remain overnight. Strained fresh lemon juice mixed with cool water should be used to wash the hair to add to their brightness. Dry or scaly skin should be rubbed with the peel of a lemon. It will restore the skin to softness. rough elbows can be soften by rubbing the area with the cut side of a lemon.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/03/2005]
  7. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

Hi and thanks for your replies.I will try all your suggestions and I have appointment with my doc next week so I will also mention.....Mortons Neuroma....to see if that is it.I have read about it on this site.

I hope to return to being PRIMA DONNA in SWAN LAKE as soon as my feet allow me lol

Rena uk
  8. WeBee7

WeBee7 New Member

I wake up and have to wait awhile before I can move around. The pain in my feet is intense, I can only shuffle, but I find if I lay there for a while and strech my legs and get the circulation going, I can mostly get around. I love my Birks on my feet, and also have a foot massage. Doesn't make the pain go away, just makes it so I can function a bit better...
  9. jan5473

jan5473 New Member

What I do for my foot pain is bind them with sport wrap braces or the ace bandage wraps. I have to sleep with them bound most nights and when they get bad during the day I bind them. Jan