Help!! My hair is falling out BAD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shazz, Sep 4, 2003.

1. shazz

shazz New Member

I don't know what else to take for it.
    I am on pretty strong estrogen, thyroid medication, take B6 with zinc.
    It has come out before, but this is way bad. I feel as if I will go bald.
    Any ideas or suggestions are much appreciated.

Shazz
  2. donna13210

donna13210 Member

Funny you mentioned this today. I just finished reading an article this morning on mercury levels in the blood. Hair loss was a typical symptom.

Just a thought...............

Good luck,
    Donna
  3. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

is it falling out in clumps or patches or just evenly all over? YOu should have a doc check that out. If its a short term thing, it will usually only last a couple of months or so. Lupus patients have this problem, usually in clumps... have it checked out to be sure. It could just be stress also, which would be pretty severe. you might have alopecia aerta,( last part spelled wrong) I was a cosmetologist for 15 yrs before studying for RN, and I had a few clients that had this problem, and it would come and go, stress really played a part in this, and they never went bald. my hair fell out in clumps once due to poor diet. Many factors could be causing this, get to a doc when you can... Blessings, Iggy
    Ill keep you in my prayers shazz![This Message was Edited on 09/05/2003]
  4. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

Further investigation revealed I had lupus,,,, lost most of my eyelashes too. Tulip
  5. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Your hair will also fall out if your thyroid is undertreated, and the majority of people on thyroid meds don't take a strong enough dosage due to GP ignorance.

Marilyn :)
  6. zestytx

zestytx New Member

If your thyroid is normal, then you might be experiencing an imbalance in your estrogen VS testosterone. Ask your doctor to do a hormone panel that includes your estradiol levels as well as your free testosterone levels.

Everytime I try to lower my estrogen dose, my hair starts to shed really bad. I just cant seem to get away from a high dose of estrogen to stay in balance with my testosterone levels.. And yes, for those who did'nt know, woment DO have testosterone!
  7. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

My hair is falling out quite a lot more than it used to i have noticed the last 2-3 weeks not in clumps but all over i can just flick my hair and about 4 or 5 hairs fall out every time and it has started to worry me but i have had so much stress the last 8 weeks so maybe its that
    any way bald is supposed to be sexy.
    altho i would rather have my hair
    ((((((((((((big hugs )))))))))))Loopyloo xx
  8. shazz

shazz New Member

I am going to make an apointment with a PCP and ask that they test my hormone levels, also mention the mercury.
    It seems every time I up my estrogen the hair loss and hot flashes quit for awhile, BUT it all starts again shortly.
    I am on the strongest pill they make now, and really puzzled.
    It is an all over falling out, not just in one area. Scary stuff.
    Thank you for all of your ideas and I am going to write them all down and take them with me to an appointment. Now to find a decent PCP, currently I only go to the rheumy.

Hugs,

Shazz
  9. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

keep us posted on what happens! BLessings, Iggy