Help! My tongue is cracking.

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Adl123, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Lately my tongue has a lot of little pimples and some really big cracks on the surface. Does anyhone know what could cause this? I am alredy drinking a lot of water , and as far as I know, I am not eating anything or taking amy meds I am allergic to.

I would be greaeful for any ideas. Thanks. Terry
  2. ksimmons

ksimmons New Member

Several people in my family have this (or what sounds like what you have described) and we have always called it a geographic tongue. It looks like a map when you look at it in the mirror. I notice it the most when I eat fruit. Especially pineapple and strawberries. Sometimes it even swells and I have difficulty talking.
  3. kittypoo

kittypoo New Member

Hi I also have a really bad crack in my tounge but i do take meds and a dendist told me it was comming from dry mouth.
  4. GIDELLE

GIDELLE New Member

Terry,
    I was hoping to find you on the diabetes board but havent seen you , I was reading your profile and we are neighbors.!! I would to know you are doing balancing your protien and carb intake as you asked me about my diet, ......hope you are doing ok ,
    SUSAN
    P.S. I'm in Willows.......
  5. GIDELLE

GIDELLE New Member

Terry,
    I was hoping to find you on the diabetes board but havent seen you , I was reading your profile and we are neighbors.!! I would to know how you are doing balancing your protien and carb intake as you asked me about my diet, ......hope you are doing ok ,
    SUSAN
    P.S. I'm in Willows.......
  6. shestump

shestump New Member

Hi my i'm shestump my mother had problem with her tongue and now she takes Vitaman ZBEC some drug stores have it on the shelf, if not they can order it for you. It does work she takes one a day. Good Luck!!!

shestump@aol.com
  7. alyssalyn

alyssalyn New Member

B Vitamin deficiencies possibly. A deficiency of some sort anyway.
    Seeing some irregularities in my tongue tonight had me starting to research this before I saw your message.

Love,

Alyssalyn