Help..need a new doctor in Columbus OH

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teresamh, Sep 12, 2002.

1. teresamh

teresamh New Member

Anyone know of any good doctors for FM in Columbus OH? I recently divorced and no longer have the health ins. my doctor accepts. Now I need to find one who is a providor for my insurance and I dont want to go through what I went through to find the one I have now. It took me years of different doctors, emergency room visits, prescriptions etc.. to find a doctor that recognized and diagnosed my FM. I'm afraid I'll go through more years of agony unless I find a good doc that knows alot about FM. Help!!
  2. teresamh

teresamh New Member

Anyone know of any good doctors for FM in Columbus OH? I recently divorced and no longer have the health ins. my doctor accepts. Now I need to find one who is a providor for my insurance and I dont want to go through what I went through to find the one I have now. It took me years of different doctors, emergency room visits, prescriptions etc.. to find a doctor that recognized and diagnosed my FM. I'm afraid I'll go through more years of agony unless I find a good doc that knows alot about FM. Help!!
  3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

While you're waiting for Ohio members to respond, go to the homepage & click on dr. referral. It's got some great tips on choosing a doctor, then click on the co-cure.org link to see drs who treat fms in your area (it's patient recommended for the most part). Are you looking for a pcp or a rheumy, or both?

Then either check your provider book or call your ins. company to see if they participate. If no matches, just call the offices on your ins. list & ask if they treat patients with fms. Sometimes drs who will not dx fms will treat a patient as long as the prior medical records are documented.

Best wishes to you. Let us know how you make out. Take care. Michele
  4. teacher

teacher New Member

Also, I know it's kind of embarassing, but have you told your current doctor your problem? Maybe he can refer you to someone he knows that will work with you and takes your insurance.

Best wishes,
    teacher
    [This Message was Edited on 09/13/2002]
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

HI Teresa, welcome to the board. The ladies have given you some great advice on your insurance problem.

Its early, so others will be here later to share their doctors with you from your area too.

Again, welcome and hope to be a lot of you in the future. Be sure to let us know how you make out with the doctor.

Shalom, Shirl