help need hair cut

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, May 22, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I don"t know what to do but I need my hair cut and styled so bad and I just can"t go to the shop.I just looked in the mirror and sit down and cried, I look like a bag lady.
    I just can"t take the noise and chemicals at those shop.but my hair has become so long all I can do is put it up. I just feel like such a slob not to mention all the weight I've gained.
    I hurt and ache so bad and I"m so fatiqued. I just hate my appearance. what else can this D.D. take away from us.
    I wish they had traveling beauticians . I also need a cleaning lady. cook, and a personal sec. can Ya"all add anything to that list. hugs sixtyslady
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

I know around my place, if you call certain salons, they may have someone that can come to your house

I understand about the smells and such

I am very sensitive to chemicals
  3. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I hadn't had my hair cut for three or four years. It was horrible. I finally did get it cut, and it looks better, but I don't want to go back to get it trimmed -- partly because of the hassle, chemicals etc. and parly because of the money.

Has anyone here ever used a Flowbee or something similar -- one of those cutters you hook up to a vacuum? They still sell them and I've been tempted but wonder if they work at all.

4. darude

darude New Member

I cut and color my own. I just chop it off and trim bangs and thats it. Looks better than when I go to salon as they always mess it up. Keep it simple.
  5. justplainmom

justplainmom New Member

see what she can do for you. I called mine and explained my situation. She gets me in early, before the shop is actually open to clients and before all the chemicals start spilling around. She makes sure I get out of the chair every 20 minutes or so, to help keep me from stiffening up. She's wonderfully gentle at the wash bowl, pads it with towels and uses the taller one for my neck. She cut it really short and even colored it. She did great and I felt better just from knowing I look better!
  6. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"ve tried one braid but my arms, don"t like it. what I"ve been doing lately is putting a girls cap on and pulling my ponytail through the hole in the back.doesn"t look bad with hoop earrings.ok with jeans and such, and I have a curly hair piece that I put on for my nephews wedding looked good ,but its so long that its very diffcult to shampoo and even brush my arms hurt so bad.I"ve give up on coloring it so its getting fairly gray.but its more silver so I don"t mind it, it well look better when it all is gray. I feel like a frumb, thank God I"ve got alot of nice jewerly I can wear.and still have boobs, thats the only way I still look like a women. HA, HA, but some times thats the way I feel. have a good one sixtyslady
  7. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

When I was still working and could afford to get my hair cut, I went to a salon that used natural products. I was called Aveda, or something similar to that. It was expensive, but it did not aggravate my allergies.