Help..need imformation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smileyfacecookie, Dec 14, 2005.

1. smileyfacecookie

smileyfacecookie New Member

I am still waiting on my disability money from approvel on the 21st of Nov. Anyone know how long it took them....I was sure hoping to get it before Christmas...
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hi Smiley! You may get more responses if you change your title to "Question about SSDI."

I wish I could help you but I have no idea. As you know the government is ever so slow. I have heard several people mention that they checked their bank balance and all of a sudden the money was there--out of the blue. No notice or anything.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

if ou get direct deposti it happens a little sooner....

less troubles too...

but i was approved on 9-15-05 and had my money in my direct deposit on 12/01/05,,,that was going through direct deposit...

i was put on a high risk status needing money, i contacted my congressmans office, and this was the second time around with ssdi for me...meaning i had won a clsoed period case 7/08/04 hearing date then...gfound out i had won with in a week call from my attorney and she explained how won andit was a closed period....but could refile october 04 if i was still unable to work.... well from the hearing date of 7/04 i got my money direct deposited on 1/20/05....then i got the rest of it for i have a child on 11/05....it was a bear getting that money for me....

i did get the money in my account before i received the award letter,,//

but you can go to your local office and tell them you need money for emergency and they can cut a check for 999.000 right there on the spot for you...i had that done for me in noveember...and you may need to tell them i can not pay my rent and my car has broken down etc....

it should be too much longer buy i just don't have much confidence that it will happen before christmas based on my personal experiences...

but others here on the board had there money right away....

call congressmans office if you haven't already and they can help expediate the process some....

i learned that the second time i filed tip from this website here....it helped me...through the process.....

good luck and don't back down....

jodie
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Asked why taking so long.Was told everything was at the payment center and all I can do is wait.

I told her wait for what till I'm homeless or have no heath ins. ? She then gave me an emergency deposit of 4000.00 last week.

I have no idea when I will get the rest.They owe me 2 yrs.Or when I will start getting my payments.

All I ever got in the mail was my approval letter from the judge.I was approved in Sept.Of this year.

Call your local office to see whats going on.

Sue

[ advertisement ]