help..need you guys for advice

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by andrea1459, Apr 2, 2006.

1. andrea1459

andrea1459 New Member

Hi
    I have been very forgetful lately. I cannot remember what i did yesterday. I was talking to my friends on the phone and could not remember what movies i watched last night when they asked me. I watched one today and could not tell you the name or what it was about. I also cannot foolow a book or remember what I have read. My words come out jumbled, i know in my mind what I want to say but it sounds like it comes out in another language. I have trouble following the plot in movies and I feel paranoid that my brain is losing control or something. I am very scared and do not know what to do. I am afraid of doing or saying something wrong because i will not remember doing it. Has this happened to any of you? I dont know if this is a CFS symptom or the anti-depressant I am taking. I have been on tofrnail since january of this year with an upped dosage every 2 weeks

Thanks for reading

Andrea
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Andrea:
    What a topic to hit home for me. I had that kind of day today. I did not stay online because I could not spell the easiest of words. I would also draw a blank and couldn't follow the thread.

So, I cooked, which is what I do when I need to level out.
    I really enjoy it and it takes me out of myself so I do not have to think about it.

I would not worry if I were you. I do not even read anymore because I can not do it. I just decided: well, it is time to watch tv instead.

I do not even care anymore. I know it is part of the disease and I do not worry about it. Tomorrow is another day and things will probably be better.

Rest up.

n.f.
  3. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I would say its the AD. That is one of the reasons I refuse to take any ADs

Jake
  4. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I get like this sometimes. I have CFS and have had it for 22 years. Became ill when I was 19. I read your bio. I hate ite when I find out that someone is as young as you are and have this terrible disease. My mom does not have cfs but she is on antidepressents. They also affect her this way.

I have a terrible time remembering things. Someone can tell me something and a day later I have forgotten it.
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

your age but quite a lot of us older past 50 ladies get this all the time. We are in the list club. We have to write a list for everything. I forget what the movie even was about!

Most of those meds make you forgetful BTW.

Don't worry, the fobro fog.....handy dandy notebook time..it is frustrating though.

Love Anne C
    [This Message was Edited on 04/03/2006]
  6. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I was having the same problems you are describing. I have to take ginko and ginsing pills for my brain function, or I probably wouldn't be able to read at all. Even with the pills, I can only remember as far back as this aftenoon with any clarity. But at least I can read a little again.
  7. painandagony

painandagony New Member

Is the forgetfulness worse than before you started taking your tofrnail? Was it a quick descent or gradual? Has it been this bad before? I don't know how long you've been sick but I know you're young. I have had cfs for 18 years now and I have never had forgetfulness that severe, thankfully. I thought i had what is considered fibro fog, but it's not this bad. I would still check it out, but a lot of folks here say they experience it too. Whatever your gut tells you....
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

stress does this to me, lack of sleep, worrying, some ad's can make you groggy...and nearly comatosed...but for me...it is stress, anxiety and depression and the fibro stuff...

i do this all the time...i can not keep a good train of thought...if someone interrupts me i have to ask what were we talking about...then i have to think hard or just move on and msay i don't remember...brain fog..

this stinks for me cause i used to never forget anything..

infact i had a job where i needed to get people's ss# in a computer to give them security access into certain area's of a building...well people loved to come to me because i memorized their number's and i was so effecient and quick on the computer stuff..

now i'm lucky to remeber my son's fro important things...taxes..i have t look it up to confirm...

jodie
  9. andrea1459

andrea1459 New Member

I think the Tofranil may be making it worse, I am not sure. Ive had bad concentration problems where i cannot drive, but it freaks me out i cant remember what I did 10 minutes ago. I am going to lessen the dosage on the AD and see what happens. All of my doctors think its the beginning of MS for me, but my neurologic tests all come back fine. It really is a weird situation.

Andrea
  10. suexi

suexi New Member

I talked to a lady once who had CFS and also read it somewhere that cfs is a form of MS but doesn't always show in tests. go figure (?)
    Susan
  11. HagerTX

HagerTX New Member

When new symptoms pop up, I usually look to my medical diary for help. It's been great to look for solid correlations (food allergies, side effects from meds). If you don't keep one, I encourage you to.

I'm currently taking Doxepin (100mg). I've experienced some forgetfulness, aloofness and some additional trouble writing coherent things for work and such. Doxepin is in the same class of AD's as Tofranil and this group of meds tend to share some of the same main side effects (drowsiness, dry mouth, fatigue).

Given the fact you mentioned this has happened lately and that you've had a steady increasing dose of Tofranil in recent months, I would look at that first.
  12. mamaeagle0103

mamaeagle0103 New Member

I do not know if it is your meds either but I have actually told people that care "If I start to repeat myself just do a simple reminder that Yeah, we talked about this the other day!!"

I really do not want them to have to listen to me all over again, yet I can get my feelings hurt if they are rude and blunt about it. I do the same for others..."Yeah, you were telling me about this same thing....." Anyhoo, that is how I handle that situation. I also do make lists and notes to myself, when I remember!!
  13. mom4three

mom4three New Member

I too am doing this more and more as my sx get worse.
    I ahve been on AD's for a long time and have never been like this. The worse my sx are the worse my mind is.
    I could not even remember how to get on the freeway the other day it took me 4 tries..

I would talk with your doctor. But as I said before I have been on AD's for many years and never had this and now that I am worse I do.