HELP. NEWLY DIAGNOSED AND PREGNANT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lauramos, Oct 24, 2005.

1. lauramos

lauramos New Member

HEY, NEED SOME HELP HERE... I WAS JUST DIAGNOSED WITH FIBRO ABOUT A MONTH AGO AND I HAVE BEEN TAKING CYMBALTA, FLEXARIL, AND ULTACET. NOW I JUST FOUND OUT THAT I AM PREGNANT. ANYONE GONE THOUGH PREGNANCY WITH FIBRO. AND WHAT MEDICINES, IF ANY, DID YOU TAKE DURING PREGNANCY?
  2. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

Well, I can't say that I have dealt with pregnancy & fibro at the same time, but my heart goes out to you. I can only imagine going through pregnancy feeling the way we do.

I would definitely discuss the meds with your doctor & see what is safe to take. You may just have to weigh out the pros & cons for each & decide for yourself.

Sorry, not much help, but I wanted you to know I am feeling for you! Best of luck!

Take care,
    Leanne
  3. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I haven't been through it myself but I know others here have.

I thought since you were new, you might not know how to do a search.

If you look at the top left hand side you will see a search box, type in pregnant, hit go, and it will bring up some posts for you to research.

I hope all goes well.
  4. lease79

lease79 New Member

Hi Laura...
    ~*CONGRATULATIONS*~ on the pregnancy. I'm a little late here, but thought I'd jump in anyways ;)
    I've had all 4 of my chldren whilst suffering with cfs/fms, & unfortunately for me my FMS usually gets worse when I am pregnant :( Though my last pregnancy wasn't too bad.
    Look after yourself & drink plenty of water. Exercise gently when you can & don't over do it ;)
    Hope that you have a happy, healthy & enjoyable nine months ;)
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

Hi, Lauramos!

Can't help you with the pregnant part -- my children are all grown and out of the house.

Just wanted to welcome you to our board/support group. Glad you found us!

We do have some pregnant members here ... maybe they will be along soon!

I'm on Cymbalta, Neurotin, and Zanaflex for the fibro.

I'm sure your ob doc will curtail some of your meds while you are pregnant!

Hugs,
    Janet
  6. orachel

orachel New Member

but one of my favorite members here is pregnant now. You can page her if you like...she's very very friendly and I'm sure she wouldn't mind walking you through how she was affected just to set your mind at ease....

Her user name is Katemac326 (not 100% sure on the numbers at the end!)...give her a page on the board and I'm sure she'll help you.

You can page her to the board by posting topic
    (((( katemac 326 ))))) and she'll know to go in and answer your questions.

Good luck, and congratulations!!!
    Rachel