HELP! Newly diagnosed with lyme/mold toxicity

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by penri, Oct 10, 2010.

1. penri

penri New Member

Hi, I,m hoping for some advice. I have been diagnosed with lyme/mold toxicity and am overwhelmed. Any help would be hugely appreciated! I have a C4A of 8469, HLA susceptible to both mold and lyme, VIP less than 10, MSH of 20, VEGF is 204, and MMP-9 is 847. I don't really know what all that means. My doctor has me on charcoal tablets, grapeseed tablets, and phytosterol tablets. I have left my house and all my posessions behind and am currently living with my husband and 2 kids with our mother in law(not ideal). My symptoms are fatigue, heart skipping and racing, geographic tongue, horrible throat problems, digestive issues, vision problems and shortness of breath. I also failed the VCS test. I'm barely functioning these days, which is really hard trying to take care of a 3 and 7 year old. My heart scares me the most. Also, does anyone know if there is anything legally that can be done about my old house? It had been remidiated when we bought it 2 years ago. I don't want to sell it to someone else but also don't want to go broke. Any ideas??
  2. Lono83

Lono83 New Member

The theory is that you have a Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS), i.e. that your body is stuck in a inflammatory response state. Unfortunately, this is not currently a recognized medical condition. Though if you read other postings on this board, it's uncanny that many (though not all) of the folks with CFS/ME who post here have these same abnormal biomarkers.

The last entry in this posting has some links to overviews of CIRS -

A posting re: mold legal claims (please keep in mind that as far as I know none of us are lawyers)

3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I can't really help you with the mold issue, but I have lyme and can point you to alot of information.

As you know, there is a lyme board here but it is not very active.

If you go to on flash discussion.....sign up for on "Medical Questions" can read posts and post your questions.

There are alot of very intelligent people there and it's a very active board. also has a "Seeking a Doctor" board, "General Support" board, Activism, etc.

Do you have a Lyme literate MD? 99% of Dr's are not Lyme literate.

Here is the paper that all Lyme patients must be familiar with.....written by a Lyme expert...

Also, some very important sites with great info....