HELP! NEWLY DIAGNOSED WITH LYME/MOLD TOXICITY

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by penri, Oct 10, 2010.

  1. penri

    penri New Member

    Hi, I,m hoping for some advice. I have been diagnosed with lyme/mold toxicity and am overwhelmed. Any help would be hugely appreciated! I have a C4A of 8469, HLA susceptible to both mold and lyme, VIP less than 10, MSH of 20, VEGF is 204, and MMP-9 is 847. I don't really know what all that means. My doctor has me on charcoal tablets, grapeseed tablets, and phytosterol tablets. I have left my house and all my posessions behind and am currently living with my husband and 2 kids with our mother in law(not ideal). My symptoms are fatigue, heart skipping and racing, geographic tongue, horrible throat problems, digestive issues, vision problems and shortness of breath. I also failed the VCS test. I'm barely functioning these days, which is really hard trying to take care of a 3 and 7 year old. My heart scares me the most. Also, does anyone know if there is anything legally that can be done about my old house? It had been remidiated when we bought it 2 years ago. I don't want to sell it to someone else but also don't want to go broke. Any ideas??
  2. victoria

    victoria New Member

    Have you read Shoemaker's book, Mold Warriors? I think he gives more specific info as to what to take and do...

    But the #1 thing to start with is-- MOVE somewhere "safe"; if mold is your major problem, or even secondary... as long as you live there, you can't possibly get well if that's where the mold is. I'm assuming - you have Lyme as well?

    You might want to talk to a good lawyer, and more than one about legal matters. The only other thing as far as selling, which is hard to do in most markets even if brand new, is to "remediate" it again or say you will... or allow for an allowance for that altho it doesn't need to be in initial contracts - some people just do not think it is something to worry about.

    It will all be on new disclosure documents anyway from the remediation 2 years ago. I have seen many people buy old houses that are moldy because they do not care/think it is a problem/whatever... so it may or may not be an issue depending on the buyer.

    I just don't think any disclosure that you think the house is what made you sick is necessary... because you have other issues (I'm assuming at least Lyme) as well that others don't necessarily have and/or will even begin to understand; unless it is stachybotris/black mold of course. If that is what it was and you were never told, I'd think you'd have some kind of case against someone.

    Hope that helps...

    all the best,
    Victoria