Help - newly diagnosed !

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pmarenghi, Sep 22, 2005.

1. pmarenghi

pmarenghi New Member

After 7 months of doctors, and tests and head scratching I was just diagnosed with Fibromayalgia.... complicated by my diabetic neuropathy...Anyone else have both ?? My doctor actually called this the "dirty Diagnosis" cause no one has a clue... in the meantime, I suffer and cry daily with pain and am basically confined to my house and sometimes my bed. No pain med or treatment so far has worked for me.

My doctor said to help myself by going online and doing some trial and error...so why am I paying the doctors all this money ?? Last week my doctor and med copays were more than my husband brought home in his paycheck ! How can we survive ??

Please...does anyone have any help to offer me ? Can we talk thru email too ???? I need fibro friends !!
    Pam
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I have FMS and diabetes and neuropathy of my feet. Click on my blue name on the left and wait a bit and you'll see my profile. That will let you know what meds I am on, etc.

The problem with FMS is different meds work for different people. I'm sorry to hear you have both illnesses now.

I've been on my "cocktail" of meds now for years, but was just given Lortabs pain meds this year. They take the edge off when I'm hurting.

I'm sure others will have more suggestions for you. I find if you control the FMS it will help with the neuropathy. I am assuming you are talking about your feet? I also have gastroparesis and I can't say that any of the FMS meds help that. I just don't know.

They don't allow you to give your Yahoo or email addy out on the board for safety reasons. If you want to exchange emails you need to do it in the chat room in a private room. I've never been in the chat room before.

Good luck and hope you hear from others. Maybe reading the posts will help you too.

Hugs,
    Faye
    BTW, there are several members who have FMS and diabetes. There was a post about that not too long ago on the board about asking who had diabetes and FMS.