help- noise hurts!

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by ginnief, Mar 25, 2003.

1. ginnief

ginnief New Member

Does anyone out there have intense sound sensitivity? What do you do for it? Do you know of any ear plugs that dim outside sound and the sound of your own voice when you speak? Or do you know of any good migraine medicine (but not imitrex or ultram) that helps with light and esp. sound sensitivity??? Help!
  2. sujay

sujay New Member

This is a big problem, especially with kids. Sometimes they just seem to be overwhelmed by light/noise/etc. This is a problem with migraines, too, which seem to me to be much more common with CFS/FMS patients. Some of the brain fog symptoms remind me of ADD. Anyone else noticed these associations? Any comments?
  3. moonflowercat

moonflowercat New Member

I sometimes have the noise sensitivity...most people don't understand that they need to speak more softly to us. The light sensitivity is my big problem. I can't open the blinds and let the sunshine in. I have dim light bulbs throughout the house. Sunglasses are a must when outdoors, and I burn in like 5 minutes! I have often thought the brain-fog is like ADD, because I catch myself just staring at my favorite TV show, my mind is off on it's own somewhere. Also 'Huh' is in my top 20 most used vocabulary words!

Brenda :eek:)
  4. Tucker

Tucker New Member

Sometimes get sebsitive to noise, seems to happen more when fibro is really biting me!
    Can't seem to always get through to family though. How do you make people understand?