HELP - not getting sleep!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Poostar, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Poostar

Poostar New Member

Hello everyone,
    I was taking Zoloft for about 2 years (ranging between 50 - 200 mg daily) for sleep regulation (didn't really work that well, but made me feel a bit less crap during the day). Because I didn't find it particularly helpful, my doctor put me onto Effexor 75mg daily, which I've been taking for the last 4 weeks.

I have to say the Effexor made me feel absolutely dreadful, on top of doing nothing to help me sleep better. I'm now off it.

Can anyone help me? I need to get a good night's sleep soon or I think I'll go mad! It's been at least 5 years since I felt rested after a sleep. I have started taking ZMA daily in the last week, but no effect as yet.

Thanks
    Poostar **
  2. theimpossibleflute

theimpossibleflute New Member

I've started taking Tylenol PM or Simply Sleep, depending on whether or not I need the painkiller. It seems obvious to take an OTC, I know, but is often overlooked for some reason. If you dont' have a lot of pain or twitching, I'd say give it a try. Not expensive, non-addictive, so what have you got to lose?

Good luck!!!
    Abby
  3. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

Have had this DD for 28 yrs, just started taking prescription Ambien, and have had the most rested mornings of anything that I have ever had. Have taken so many things, some helped me to sleep, but did not feel rested in the am......and had the foggy, who am I Where am I?

Not that this is the best for you, just answering for me.

Hope this helps............1maqt
    [This Message was Edited on 01/08/2003]
  4. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

When is your sleep disturbed to your knowledge? Is it when you decide ok, I will go to bed now; or do you wake frequently; wake up too early. That answer would help determine where the problem lies.

I have not been doing too hot but I have been active on here for three years and have done much research.

It is now proven, PROVEN, that we with FMS have petit mal seizure activity 24/7 and that is part of both the cognitive problems and the sleep deviations we experience.

I was fortunate early on to be placed on neurotin. I could tell a difference early on but now, three years later, when I start running low and try to stagger taking the med, the cognitive deficits are to be believed!

The FDA also changed their "used for" on antiseizure meds to include cog. deficits in FMS.

If I got a case of insomnia again I think I would commence to looking for that cliff where the indians go! Love CactusLil'

[ advertisement ]