HELP Pain Managment Center I go to is closing here in IA.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sfrazier, Feb 7, 2007.

1. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

I went to my pain management clinic the other day and found out it was closing. Now this is the only pain management clinic in Des Moines. As is I live in Ames and traveled round trip over 70 miles. Actually my mom drove cause i get lost and paranoid about driving in big cities. Anyway back to pain management clinics. If anyone In Iowa is going to one or knows of one please let me know. I'm in a true panic right now. They just increase my avenza to 60 mlgs in the morning plus increased a few others. My rhumey's nurse said he would probably only refill my scripts once cause he doesn't like to prescribe anything too hard core as far as drugs. All I can say right now is
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SueF
    [This Message was Edited on 02/09/2007]
  2. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

I might be losing it completely because I can not find this post on the first three pages of postings. So either this board is moving really really fast or my mind is in a fog and just doesn't even know it when it sees it. lol. anyways that is why i'm bumping it.
  3. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

this is really important to me. without a pain clinic i don't know who will write most of my scripts. i know there are people that live in iowa. please help.
  4. CTuit

CTuit New Member

I know its a bit of a drive but the University of Iowa has an excellent Rheumatology clinic! I went there last month and was extremely impressed by the thoroughness and care they treated used with their patients.
  5. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

I've been to the Iowa City Rheumotalogy Department there. when i was first dignosed with firbo my gp sent me there for a second opinion. However I'm not sure if they are going to be like my rhuemy and not want to prescribe some of the more hard core meds that i'm on not. The avenza is the one that i'm afraid they won't prescribe because it is basicly long acting morphine. not too many rhuemys like to prescribe thouse. they like to stay away from the narcotics and that is something that helps keep the pain from a 9 or 10 to a 6,7 or 8. Anyone know of any place other then Iowa City?????