help, pain unbearable

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vertiesmth, Oct 22, 2006.

1. vertiesmth

vertiesmth New Member

HELLO OUT THERE, I LOVE THIS SITE. I AM HAVING SEVERE PAIN IN MY HANDS AND WAS WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU ORDERED THE BOOK I'VE SEEN ON TV THAT IS CALLED "THE WORLDS GREATEST MEDICAL SECRETS"?I WAS THINKING OF ORDERING IT TO GO ALONG WITH THE DOZENS OF OTHERS I'VE ORDERED THAT HAVEN'T HELPED. HA! ANYWAY THEY CLAIM THEY HAVE THE ANSWER FOR PAIN AND THAT WOULD BE NICE. BUT THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS OUT THERE THAT IT MAKES YOU LEERY. WHAT DO YOU ALL USE FOR SEVERE PAIN. THEY FOUND I HAVE A PEPTIC ULCER LATELY AND CAN'T USE ASPRIN ANY MORE. COULD HAVE CAUSED IT. THIS FM BUSINESS IS A MESS, HUH. LOVE, VERTIE
  2. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I get alot of pain in my feet/ankles which radiates up my legs, as well as pain in my hands which really limits what I can do. The last few weeks have been particularily bad. On really bad days I take two Percocet, and on just bad days I take Ibuprophen 600mg, and 1 Percocet. The Ibuprophen does help more with the hand pain. I hope that may help. I'm always scared that one day it won't work anymore. Take Care, and do what you have to do. Laura
  3. painintheeverywhere

painintheeverywhere New Member

for products that really cure and really treat they would hardly have to advertise or have these infomercials. If the products or books do what they say...Doctor's, journalists and News anchors would do all their selling for them.

I am taking Lyrica 100mg TID, and it works pretty well. It is like a suped up Neurontin - which for the longest time was the miracle drug for nerve pain. If this is what you are experiencing - ask your doctor about Lyrica. It is somewhat new, and although all doc's seem aware and very fond of Neurontin - Lyrica is definately a step up.

Good luck...I truly feel your pain.

Jane
    [This Message was Edited on 10/22/2006]
  4. vertiesmth

vertiesmth New Member

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE COME BACK. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. I HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SO I CAN'T TAKE IBUPROFEN AND ALOT OF OTHER THINGS. ALSO HAVE DIABETIS, DIVERTICULOSIS, AND SEVERAL OTHER THINGS SO HAVE TO BE REALLY CAREFUL WHAT I TAKE. ICE PACKS HELPS ALOT, BUT I WORK AND THAT CREATES A PROBLEM. DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I WILL BE ABLE TO DO THAT. THANKS AGAIN, AND MUCH LUCK TO ALL, LOVE VERTIE