Help please - Costcondritis or Tietze syndrome

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Has anyone been diagnosed with costchondritis/tietze syndrome?

My daughter was told she had this 2 months ago without going through any tests at all. She has intermittant jolting sharp pains under her left breast and breathing problems. The docs said it was a virus but I'm concerned that she still has it.

She also has CFS/Fibro.

Thanks

love
    Rosie
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

How were you given your diagnosis - did you have tests to exclude other illnesses????

Thanks

love
    Rosie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I had this every winter when I lived in Colorado. Between Jan. and Mar., asthma, sinusitis, bronchitis, and pneumonia run rampant. The inflammation can settle in the chest area. Pain can radiate down the arm and out the back near the shoulder blades.

I found a good sports medicine doc who injected my chest next to the sternum between the two ribs which were inflammed. The injections would last until the next year's maladies would set in.

Since being in FL, I no longer suffer from these things and have only had to have one injection, following the flu last year.

Steroid injections are not to be used lightly, but when the costo pain keeps one from being able to breathe without pain nor get any sleep, it's time to act.

Love, Mikie
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

online about rib pain with FM. Mainly it says it depends on the exam but mostly on the expertise of the examiner. It said that that Teitze sp? is often mistaken for the other
    condition you sited, I can't spell cat right now, so I won't try. I'd do
    a search and see what you think.