HELP, please HUSBAND and 024...AAGH

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Apr 27, 2006.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Those of you who use 024 know that it has a strong scent....to put it mildly.

However, I have found that if I use it at night before I go to sleep, I fall asleep faster and sleep better. It just helps the hurt.

But, the smell kills my husband. The night before last, I was so hurting that I used it and slept in our spare room. Even the cat slept with DH rather than me...)-:

Last night, DH went to sleep very quickly, so thought I, "He's asleep, so he won't be bothered. How neat."

Up I got and rubbed some on the more tender spots, crawled in bed, and slept very well. When the alarm went off, it actually woke me up. So, as we were lying there, I asked him how he's slept, and he said he'd been restless....the smell of the stuff WOKE him UP! He had a hard time getting back to sleep.

So...is it the spare room for me?...the bed is nice, so that's not the point as I think you guys understand.

Any help for me here? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

FM strikes again.

Sue
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

that's actually the slogan of a new one they've been advertising on tv. I think it's called Myoflex or something. It caught my eye because Bengay and Absorbine Jr. have always been out for me, because of the strong smell.

I used arnica gel, it's mild, smells like chamomile, comes in tablets too, but they don't work for me and have lactose. Hubby may not mind that. Traumeel is pretty good, comes in ointment, which I use and doesn't smell like anything but ointment, it comes in gel too, and pills.

Jeanne
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'll check this out....I have tried lots of things, but this really is the best....however, there may be something just as good that isn't as smelly.

Appreciate your input.

Sue

4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I sure know what you mean. I got two sample towelettes in the mail and had hubby use one on my neck and back for me. Oh it felt like heaven...... but then all he did was whine whine whine about the smell. I used the other one when he wasn't home and oh, heaven again, I'm thinking man I gotta buy me a bottle of this stuff. Then hubby and son come home and first thing out of their mouths? What is that awful smell..... jeez we can't win for losin!

Hugz,
    Tona

PS It's really sad that the smell is so strong because it really worked well for me but I'd have to live in a bomb shelter under the house to use it daily.....[This Message was Edited on 04/27/2006]
  5. code34me

code34me New Member

I put some on the other night before I went to my monthly Bunko game. I was in so much pain and wanted to be alert enough to play the game so used 024. When I got in the car I was thinking this smell is strong! When I got there I said from the door way that I smelled. All the woman smelled me and said they thought it smelled very good. All night they told me that they loved the smell!

Is is just men that dont like it? Just wondering from this post?

Codey
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I got some other rub today and my legs are killing me....it's no good and cost plenty.

I'm going to use the 024 because I hurt now. It should be less strong by the time DH gets home.

You may be right about ladies being OK with it and guys not. Who knows? I just know it works and I'm tired of hurting today. I don't have enough money to experiment with all the different brands and have them not work.

My husband is a sweetie, and he does understand, but I also don't want him not sleeping because of it. I may just plan to use the spare bed when I need this stuff.

Thank you for your comments. It is bad, though, because the other night when I was in here, the cat even left me...he went to the other room. Course, he's male.
    (-:

Sue
  7. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

Woman here... and don't like the smell or feel of 024!
    I don't like things that get cold on the skin, as i stay cold enough on my own....

but, like Jeanne i use Arnica (which comes in a cream or gel) and it has no smell or cool tingle effect. Plus it is the ONLY thing that has EVER reached that deep down gnawing pain in my shoulder blades, that feels like someone stabbing me with a knife!

TM~

p.s.... when we tried the 024 DH and i had an inside joke we would say "You smell like Fibromyalgia!" LOL*

After all it does have the word on the bottle... and i could just see some stranger coming up to me in the grocery story saying that!! LOL

[This Message was Edited on 04/27/2006]
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am sorry that you are in pain. But, if the pain rub works...I would use it. Your DH will understand...as he loves his sweetie too much. It isn't for long. You will feel better soon.

Love.....Mari
  9. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I love 024 so I understand how you feel about it. I heard on an infomercial for it that you could wash it off after about 10-15 min. By that time, it should have absorbed enough to do it's job. You could try that and see if it helps.

Kathy
  10. WhoKnowsWhy

WhoKnowsWhy New Member

Pretty much every post in this thread is true...

O24 works the best to relieve my pain and I sometimes don't know what I'd do without it!

O24 does have a pretty strong peppermint smell that is strong for the first 30-45 minutes and then gradually fades away over additional time. The only thing I've found is that after the initial 30-45 minute period, the smell then changes (at least on me) to more of a pleasant Rosemary smell.

You can put it on and let it "soak" in for about twenty minutes and then wash it off/shower to reduce/remove the smell, and it still will work great.

For me, the benefits more than outway ant inconvenience as I like being pain free!
  11. gerrijohnson315

gerrijohnson315 New Member

Hey Sue,
    I have never heard of this "024" before. One thing I can tell you is to go to a natural store near you. The attendants at the customer service are usually very knowledgable. I have found that if you get a basic oil (massage, like almond) and mix it with other oils (like rosemary, chamomile, lemon etc) and have your husband rub it gently onto the areas affected, the oils penetrate and really can make a difference. The clerk can recommend books to you that can go into detail about what the different oils do. They work great for warm baths too. The oils, not all, don't smell bad either. Some are pretty strong, but when combined with others aren't bad. They also have pre-made oils too, that are awesome.
    Good Luck!
    Gerri
  12. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Try Penetran cream it has no smell to me:)Helps me with pain
    Dee50
  13. Musica

Musica New Member

I use sprays that are menthol. They do smell at first but, at least to my nose, it doesn't last too long. It does certainly bring relief faster than pills; I'm sure glad I found it, but I don't sleep with anyone except my cat! I do wonder if it smells much when I use it at work, but I don't worry about it much, I would much rather have the relief!