Help please! I fell

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maggiemae55, Mar 5, 2006.

1. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

Well I took my dogs to the dog park on last Thurs. and while they were playing I went to sit on a bench, scooted back too far and fell backwards onto a tree stump, I couldn't get my arms back fast enuf to block the fall, so it was basically a direct blow to the right side/back just about where the ribs end.

I had a negative xray, but something just ain't right. When I move, I can feel things move like something is shifting, and when I coughed the first night, I felt/heard something pop. Now I have a deep burning pain right beside my belly button, it travels from where I landed to the front.

I know they can't do anything for rib fractures, but I am a bit concerned with the burning pain. Also, I feel like my belly is bigger than usual, or it just look bigger because it hurts my back to hold it in. Is this fibro related? I am on Motrin 800, Ultram in the day, Dilaudid at night.

Please give me some advice on what to do. I really do appreciate any help.

Warmly,
    Maggie
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Should check this out right away, esp if your belly looks bigger, you could have bruised liver or twisted a kidney. You need medical attention if the pain is bad for sure.

Love Anne C ps also sometimes when we have internal cysts we do not know about they can twist or burst with a bad fall. Don't mean to scare you but better to be safe.
  3. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

Thanks for replying! I saw my nurse practioner on Fri, and she ordered the xray. I will call in the morning and let her know about the burning, would an MRI or CT scan show any bruising on an organ?

Could the burning be that I pulled a muscle in the front because of the pain in my back?

Again, I really appreciate your concern!!

MAggie
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

How did your xray go. I think an ultra sound would be best for kidney.

Love Anne C
    [This Message was Edited on 03/07/2006]
  5. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I have had a rib out before and it can't hurt like the devil. I never realized tey can go out like a vertebrate but they can, might need to chiropractor. Best wishes hope you feel better soon .
  6. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

Thank all of you for your concern. I have not been able to work, but may try tomorrow. I work in a hospital with moms and babies where I have to do alot of bending, they will just have to understand I can sit, but that's about it :)

I called my dr's office yesterday about the burning pain, of course they said to watch it. I think it is hard to know what is fibro pain (like the burning) and what is injury pain.I hadn't thought about a rib out of place, that would make sense because if I move a certain way, I feel something move too. After it moves, it usually feels a little better.

Ice and heat help too, and I had them call in Ultram for the daytime, Dilaudid is to much for me in the day. My daughter is home from college for Spring Break, so she has been able to help me get up, otherwise I would be here alone with my 2 dogs and 3 cats who alltogether couldn't pull me up!!

Again, thank you for your concern, that means alot to me!

Warmly,
    maggie

7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Maggie:
    It is good to know you called your doctor's office and will follow up. Please give us an update when you can. I have fallen myself and know how scary that can be.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan