HELP PLEASE; SEVERE ACHENESS IN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CATLADY912, Jun 2, 2003.

1. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

my right leg, knee, ankles, and foot. I also ache in my left leg, knee, ankle, and foot but not as severe as right. this acheness is driving me crazy. I can barely stand it and the pain pills don't seem to want to help. I have been taking Glucosamine Chondroitin for a few days but it has not helped so far. PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO EASE THIS SEVERE ACHENESS. IT IS RUINING MY WHOLE DAY. DOES FIBRO CAUSE THIS ALSO OR IS THIS SOMETHING I NEED TO HAVE CHECK OUT.

THANK YOU,
    GENTLE HUGS,
    JANICE
  2. jacqui_k

jacqui_k New Member

Hi Janice, sorry to hear that you're in pain, I also suffer from the same type of pain, also in my right leg more than my left.Pain killers do take the edge off it , but still aware of it all the time, especially when I get up or have to walk up or down steps/stairs.I try to elivate my legs as much as possible, and find that warm baths do give me temporary relief (almost).I wish I had something more positive to tell you.My doctor says its all part of fibro and being overweight(in my case) only agrivates the problem.

Wishing you some relief soon,
    All the best,
    Jacqui
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Spacee gave you some good advice. As for the Glucosamine And Chondroitin, it takes about 10 days to 2 weeks to be of help, I usually take that for joint pain (arthritis).

Mine has been not bothering me too much lately, I used to get it in my left arm clean down to my hand. Its just a dull ache that won't go away!

My feet have been fine for over a year and a half now. It was the ZMA and the Pro Energy that seem to stop that. But it won't happen in a few days.

I don't know what pain pills you take, but I would take an OTC Advil gel capsule with less that 0.25 milligram of Xanax when it got real bad like you are experiencing and it did help.

But be careful with mixing your meds with this too.

Have you tried heating pads on your feet?

I can't think of anything else.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Lynda B.

Lynda B. New Member

Warm water does wonders for my joint aches. I know the warm water therapy pool at a hospital where I lived has helped in the past. I have also gotten in a tub of the hottest water I can stand. That came straight fromt he horses mouth so to speak. I can't remember his name now. Does alot of research on FMS in San Antonio. That is what he recommended. Just some other thoughts. Hope you find something to help.

Take care,

Lynda B.
  5. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

BUMPING IT UP FOR SOME MORE ADVICE
  6. JQP

JQP New Member

It can take up to three months for this to take good and full effect on the joints, andless than two weeks for it to go out of your system.

I was told that I would not have much impact on fibro pain, because ours is muscular not arthiritis, so have not used it.

Has anyone else found it useful?

7. LITEFLAMES

LITEFLAMES New Member

Hi Janice,
    I and sevrale of us get what you'r explaning ,For me it is at night !!!!!! The Pain is so bad I cant sleep
    so what I do before i go to bed is take a muscle relaxer,
    Then ,I put my heating Pad On Low, Prop my knee on a pillow w/ heating Pad, My Pain also ratiates ,But seem's to come from my l-knee,,This seem's to releave it enof to sleep,you'r prouble is in the day time still, try this it may work for you, Im also on oxxi , the bone Dr say's its ligaments so oxxi wont help, {my spelling is Bad } sorry sound my word's out !!! lol
    I know the pain in my hip ,ankle & knee all at once it's horrable ,,, try this I,v also had 2 knee sugery's in my life and am abought to have my left knee done, long storey
    But every now& againe my r- knee does it to
    I hope this helps you all
    love cindy G.
  8. athome

athome New Member

YES, HAVE HAD THIS. WHEN IT HAPPENS, I GET OFF MY FEET, TAKE WHATEVER PAIN MEDS THAT CURRENTLY WORK FOR ME---NOW THAT'S 3 LIQUIGEL ADVILS 30 MIN AFTER FLEXERIL AND ULTRAM (TRAMADOL).

THIS PROBABLY ISN'T AVAILABLE TO YOU, BUT I DRAG MYSELF OUT TO THE RHAB CENTER THERAPY POOL, GET IN THE DEEP END AND VERY GENTLY MOVE LEGS FROM HIPS, AND FLEX ANKLES. CAN YOU SIT IN BATHTUB ON A LOW STOOL, AND JUST LET YOUR LEGS FLOAT?

I FIND USING EPSOM SALTS AND PEROXIDE IN THE TUB HELPS WITH THIS---SEEMS TO DRAW OUT THE TOXINS.

GOOD LUCK. NANA
  9. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi janice,
    Im soo sorry to her of your terrible aches.i too suffer from the same unfortunately.
    I cant have warm baths because i only have a shower!
    I take my pain killers but i can still feel it creeping back.I get my heat pack & a nice warm hot water bottle,it soothes & keeps affected area warm,hope this helps.
    I have cfs & fibro,asthma,crohns disease & multiple allergies,i dont do things be halves!
    If i get really bad then i go to local hospital A&E dept for pain relief,its all i can do.
    I have a bed with my name on it saying reserved!
    I really hope something gives janice as i know only too well how bad these aches are.
    Ill pray for you my love & ill be in touch again to see if youve improved.
    Very warm gentle huggles
    sharon d(uk)
  10. athome

athome New Member

JANICE--

THO I HAD GOOD RESULTS WITH GLUCOSAMINE & CHONDROITIN, IT TOOK THREE MONTHS OF PHASING IT IN, AND GRADUALLY PHASING OUT THE NSAID I WAS ON AT THE TIME--7 YEARS AGO. THEN THE G&C WORKED FOR TWO YEARS===JUST GREAT=== AND THEN GAVE NO RELIEF. HAD TO AGAIN GO ON NSAIDS. INTERNIST AND I ABOUT TO EMBARK ON ANOTHER "EXPERIMENT" TO SEE WHAT WORKS BETTER NOW.

HUGS, NANA