HELP....PLEASE This is all new to me

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Maribelle, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Maribelle

Maribelle New Member

Hello Everyone...

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a few years back. I encounter Lyme issues all the time and this has made me think about the possibility of my illness being attributed to Lyme?

Many, many years ago, I owned property in Oklahoma and built a cabin there. I remember at least twice having a tick imbedded in my skin.

Once when I thought I had the flu, I went to a Doc-In-The-Box. When I told the doctor that I had just gotten back from Oklahoma he asked me if I had been bitten by anything while I was there. He examined me and found a tick imbedded in the back of my head near my neck. He treated me with antibiotics and I got well.

Another time, I found a tick on my arm and took it out myself. These two incidents happened during the time
    the cabin was being built in a very heavily wooded area
    in the mid 80's

In 1993-94, I broke out in hives that lasted over a year.
    I went to see several doctors and they all said I was allergic to something. They gave me several treatments of
    steroids and I would get some relief but only to have the hives return.

I was recommended to an Allergist who ran tons of skin tests. I gave myself shots twice a day for over a year.
    The hives finally went away and I quit the shots.

In 2002-3, I started having chronic lower back pain and around my joints I started to swell. This was the beginning of many health problems. Fatigue, stomach upsets,
    insomnia, anxiety, depression, etc.

I am now being treated for FM by my Internist and am wondering if I should mention to him about being tested for Lyme.

Sorry, that this is so long, but I am really considering
    taking the next step to see if Lyme is my problem.

Please, I need direction...I feel really overwhelmed and
    confused?!

Thanks for reading this and for your input.

God Bless,
    Maribelle

2. eec1

eec1 New Member

central florida research and Igenex there is enough info on the net-STUDY IT AND LEARN IT all the dr needs to do is write the scripts for meds and tests you tell them what you want DO NOT ASK FOR THIER OPINION--bc they have one it has not worked for you yet--hives do not last for a year--your allergic to Bb toxins in your body dont be a dear in the headlights check your CD-57 also since you have a long history of exposure keep in touch
  3. Maribelle

Maribelle New Member

I asked my son's pediatrician today if he knew of anyone who tested for Lyme. He mentioned a doctor friend of his that is currently treating a couple for Lyme and he treats their young daughter.

He is a regular M.D. I will contact his office tomorrow.

I started researching on the internet and going to links
    that I have seen here on this site. It is very overwhelming!

I am going to take the steps to find out if I do have Lyme.

Thanks for your support!

God Bless,
    Maribelle