HELP PLEASE UK DISABILITY CLAIM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vloga, Sep 5, 2006.

1. vloga

vloga New Member

Is there anyone with experience of a disability claim in the UK? I am experiencing problems with my employer and their insurers, also with claiming benefits - all are stalling and won't make decisions. I think that this could be a concerted action and an attempt to get me dismissed due to inability to work prior to the latest disability discrimination Act coming into force in October.

At the moment, I'm in a lose-lose situation, at a time when I can least cope. I'd appreciate advice from anyone who might have experience or know where I can get advice in the UK.

I don't have any family or other support, and I'm pretty desperate on all fronts.
  2. debbieuk

debbieuk New Member

If you follow this link you may find some useful info and links to organisations that maybe of help.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/DisabledPeople/Employment/YourEmploymentRights/fs/en

You should be able to copy and paste to your address bar.

Good Luck

Debbie
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

If your union representative won't help you, contact your nearest Citizens Advice Bureau. They should help with disability benefits & legal problems with employers. Good luck!