help please with TN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzannekart, Sep 19, 2009.

1. suzannekart

suzannekart New Member

I am going through the most terriable Trigeminal neuralgia. I ended up with a houseful of EMT'S and a trip to the hospital this morning. They gave me an IV with pain meds and by the time I was coming home it had already worn off. They also gave me a script for percocet to take every 6 hrs and the name of a dr to see next week.
    Every time I move, lick my lips or anything else it shoots another pain. Not as bad as this morning when I was screaming for someone to please kill me but I am so afraid it will get that bad again.
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might try to get through this? I have had bouts of it before but nothing like today.
    Thank you Suzanne
  2. blueeyedgrl73

blueeyedgrl73 New Member

hello! so sorry to hear you are in so much pain! you really should see a neurologist as soon as possible. There are some meds that could possibly help like Tegretol, Neurontin or Lyrica. If the meds dont help then they can refer you to a neurosurgeon to have a procedure done to block the pain in that area.....there are several different kinds of procedures they can do. I used to work for a neurologist and we always tried medicine first. I hope this helps you! I really suggest you do this soon as this pain can return without notice. Sometimes even wind blowing on your face can cause an attack. Best of luck to you! :) Blue
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

To send your post back to the top of the page so you can see Blue's response. Your post is going to the second page.

I sure hope you are feeling better.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

My daughter suffers from TN also.

I discovered that the cause of her inflamed trigeminal nerve and her other symptoms is a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infeciton. (Lyme)

Lyme is a neurological infection and can commonly affect any of the cranial nerves.

Many people with CFS or FMS later found out that the CAUSE of their symptoms is a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection and other associated coinfections like babesia, bartonella and ehrlichia.

See this paper by a lyme expert......

and this...