Help please?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Angel6801, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

I had been trying to find the doctors for FM. Is RA doctors are the right place to go? I had trouble finding the dr. Ever since my neutrology dr diagonised me with FMS, he wasn't really good dr and I wasn't really happy with him. But I had been research and they said that RA is good at dealing with FM.. Is this true? I do not want ot go back to my dr since he really doesn't listen, and he doesn't believe in tendor point test when I asked him about it. He diagoised me with FM too quickly and wanted me to go on anti depressant medications. But.. My symptoms are mild and I would like to try options... I found one RA dr in my area but he doesn't cover my insurance (medicard). My symptoms are flare up, and I'm pretty much unhappy about it. It is really hard to drag myself around to make my three years old daughter happy and drag myself going through classes. It would be nice if you have any ideas.
  2. elsa

elsa New Member

Try the doctor referal at the top of this page. You can also goggle CFS/ FM doctors and see what turns up. I know there are web sites that list good doctors for us. Saw one last night but I don't remember the name.

I go to my primary care doc who takes very good care of me. I also found an integrated doc to help me with hormone issues and bio-I.D. hormone therapy.

Take care,

Elsa
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Angel6801:
    I go to a rheumatologist and he has been treating me for these disorders.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  4. Mary100

Mary100 New Member

I just found a really good PCP and he diagnosed me. I got sick of my "hometown" dr. I had all my life and got a PCP in the bigger city. He is also a D.O. not an M.D. This is a doctor of osteopathy. They have more bone/joint training in think. Anyway, he is really through and explaines everything in small words and listens to what I have to say.

Good luck. You might check with some of your friends to see if they have a sympathetic PCP and call that office to see if he believes in FMS.

Take care,
    Mary
  5. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

Just want to say thanks for response and being helpful. :)
  6. elsmom

elsmom New Member

I was recently diagnosed with FM after several visits to different docs. I saw a RA that had little compasion and tried to put me on anti- depressants too. I have done my own research and visited a wellness center in MN the helped me out a ton. I am going to the Chiropractor once a week for adjustments which seems to help the aches & pains. I am seeing a pain management Dr. that has written several books on FM. I have a feeling that I am on the right path- maybe you can find a similar dr in your area. I also have a 3year old and 1year old, so I understand the frustration. just curious what are your main complaints?
  7. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

Nerve pains in my arms, shoulder, neck, and back... I also has those pains in my legs. I often have weakness in my legs. It can be really hard to climbs on stair. I also have pain in my hands and fingers. I also have joints aches and stiffs. I have dizzy spell (not vergito but I used to have it a when I was teen)I also feel off balance, and have often headaches. I have tingling and burning sensations in my face and sometimes in my back and legs. Fatigue is the biggest issues(not surprise since I see that it is very common accord to msg board), and I have difficult time to focus. Now I started to have tinnitus a lot now... So it pretty much set my anxiety up and it become really hard to go back to work (well I work for like a hour every night from Tues to Fri, and I work by myself since I'm cleaning so.. I'm not big crazy about clean myself in dark time..) I had few mysteries eposide that doctors can't explain like when I turned 20, The pain started in my back then suddendly it shoot down to my legs, that was when I collasped and could not breathe well due to in pain really bad... But.. The pain gradually went away and no one knows why... ANd secondly, I woke up and had those verigto for few minutes then suddenly I lost my balance and walked like drunken. I ended up missed class cuz I could not walk straight... But that only lasts one hour and it has never come back again (and I hope not! it is the scary feeling!). Ohh, Did I mentioned I had frequetly utis??? Some year I seems to get them a lot, some years, I dont get them much. The dr had ran tests, everything looks fine, all they found is that... I have two small lesions in my white matter in brain but not evedience to prove it is MS. I have three cysts, one in my face, near my nose and eye, not sure what it is called.. Other twos are in my thyroid... I was on moniter for heart beat and it reveal it was record as 180 just to walk (when i'm really weak, it was really stressful), ebv level is high, and i passed out on tilt test after 30 minutes.. That is pretty much all... I am glad to find this msg board cuz I know how much you guys can be related to how I feel.. Sometimes I can feel such alone in this.. But with this message board, I felt not so alone anymore because i konw that I am not alone and that there is many people suffering FM as well.. Sorry it is sooo long.. You asked what is my complain.. U prop will not hear my complain in while.
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Often "physical medicine" doctors, also called physiatrists (not to be confused with psychiatrists, totally different), treat FM patients. So you might want to check that out.

Good luck, I hope you find a doctor who really listens!

Hugs,
    Pam[This Message was Edited on 09/12/2005]
  9. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

Chiari malformation.. I have to check this out cuz i never heard of it. so thanks for helping me out. ;-)