Help please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DollDais, Nov 1, 2006.

1. DollDais

DollDais New Member

I am so sick of people looking at me like i'm crazy. My boss actually said there's nothin wrong with you. I'v been out of sick & personal days since July. Very close to losing it mentally, seem to have already lost it physically! I HAVE to work, & it is getting harder & harder, (bosses attitude doesn't help). Can somebody give me some ways they have found to cope with the pain & some medicines I can take during the day that won't put me to sleep? I am so thankful I found this site. There is no one else I can talk to. I tell someone I have FMS & they're like yea right!! I hate to read about others pain, but I am also so happy to find out I'm not alone!!
  2. DollDais

DollDais New Member

Thank you so much. I am going to try the tennis ball tonight! The majority of my pain starts at the base of my head, down my neck into each shoulder, down my spine to each hip & from there to each knee & ankle. If I move my head a certain way or to quickly, I give myself whiplash!! The hips & knees have only been in last 6 months, told beginnings of arthritis.
  3. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Dolldais

I am glad you found this message board. I am 47 with FM and I understand what it is like to work and deal with people who don't understand.

I ended up having to leave my job because the stress got so bad. I wish I knew an answer for you to help educate the people you work with.

I wanted to let you know you are not alone and looking forward to seeing more posts from you.

Oh what kind of dogs are Dolly and Daisy? I have two labs you can see if you click on my profile.

hugs Redwillow
  4. DollDais

DollDais New Member

Redwillow, my girls are 1/2 black lab & 1/2 rotti. (have had rottis all my life, wonderful breed, but my Niki had just passed from cancer & just couldn't deal with looking at that face again) I found them at a rescue center, (I found a pic of them together & posted it just now), Dolly is black face & Daisy has the white (head shaped like rott). They are my angels. Yesterday was a really bad day for me, left work early, when got home & laid down on back, they were on each side with their head on my shoulder. we laid like that & slept for about 4 hrs. They know when I'm hurting & boy do they know when I'm feeling ok!! Don't know why profile says member since 3/05.
    everyone have a wonderful day & thank you so much!!!
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Lots of nice people here who can share experiences, info, etc.

Some people here have vision or cognitive problmes. They will appreciate it if you use short paragraphs.

You can find articles on a variety of topics in the library, in purple above.

[ advertisement ]