Help please!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by glendamarie22, Sep 22, 2002.

1. glendamarie22

glendamarie22 New Member

It seems like I could do a little more and be a little more sociable if I weren't so darned sleepy all the time!
    From the moment I wake up from the time I go to bed, I am so tired I can't keep my eyes open. When I talk to someone face to face, I have trouble making eye contact because my eyelids feel so heavy. (Does that make sense? You know how when you're sleepy you can't focus your eyes to read? That's how it feels.) I sleep VERY well at night almost all the time, so I know that's not the problem.I have lots of other FMS/CFS symptoms that make life difficult, but I think I could go out more and concentate better if this sleepy fog would lift.........does anyone else have this problem? Any advice to give me? I am so tired of this. I don't even feel alive any more. The few times I'm with my friends, I feel like I'm not really there- just dreaming. Please respond, I want your input!

~Glenda
    [This Message was Edited on 09/22/2002]
  2. glendamarie22

glendamarie22 New Member

It seems like I could do a little more and be a little more sociable if I weren't so darned sleepy all the time!
    From the moment I wake up from the time I go to bed, I am so tired I can't keep my eyes open. When I talk to someone face to face, I have trouble making eye contact because my eyelids feel so heavy. (Does that make sense? You know how when you're sleepy you can't focus your eyes to read? That's how it feels.) I sleep VERY well at night almost all the time, so I know that's not the problem.I have lots of other FMS/CFS symptoms that make life difficult, but I think I could go out more and concentate better if this sleepy fog would lift.........does anyone else have this problem? Any advice to give me? I am so tired of this. I don't even feel alive any more. The few times I'm with my friends, I feel like I'm not really there- just dreaming. Please respond, I want your input!

~Glenda
    [This Message was Edited on 09/22/2002]
  3. caring

caring New Member

This is what helps me to clear some of the fog.

Sleeping all night doesn't mean you are getting the stage four sleep and that might be the problem.

The supplement ZMA helped me wake up refreshed and my head felt like I'd had some sleep.

You can find the supplement at the store on this website and read more about it.

This is where I started with the fog and then added a couple other things. This comes from a member here by the name of Mel. good man and has helped many.

Blessings
    pat
  4. JP

JP New Member

Hi Glenda,

I hope that it passes soon. I get this too, without apparent cause. Please don't take the following as advice...I can only tell you what I do to help myself. My severe sleepies will last a day or two about once a week.

I avoid staying in one place for more than 20 minutes. When my head starts to bob, I try to keep myself moving around the house or out in the yard. There are ample small tasks in the yard and house to move from zombie to almost human. It also helps me to feel productive when I accomplish something. I will also take my dog for a walk if I can push myself that far. I really fight the sleepies...My doctor wants me to sleep during these times. Sometimes I will let myself nap for a bit. Keeping active seems to help me more than a nap. I do not drive during these times for obvious reasons. I also have a severe back condition that requires a great deal of movement to help control the pain.

I wish you the best...hang in there Glenda.
    Jan
  5. sean

sean New Member

I know, exacly what you mean about the eye contact, I have noticed that when I am in situations where a conversation with someone is a little dull, or the person I am talking to is not very conversant or too conversant, my eyes get heavy and tired. I believe this is just an exagerated reaction to what would normally in most people be a minor stressful situation, which in turn causes fatigue. Do you panick when you are conscious of this feeling? Do you find yourself easily getting bored in certain social situations, where other people seem to be enjoying themselves, and feel somewhat out of place?
  6. GILL

GILL New Member

My eyes sometimes get very tired and heavy. I try to rest them and watch my favourite T.V programmes with my eyes shut! i also put cold tea bags on them. The bit i hate most is not being able to focus when people are talking to me. The good news is, like my muscle pain and fatigue, i get good and bad weeks. In a good eye spell at the moment!!

Take care

Gill