HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Daydreamer, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Daydreamer

Daydreamer New Member

Hey ya'll haven't writen in a while but i just need a little advice... or encouraging words or something cause i'm in a REALLY bad flare up and i'm sick and things aren't BRIGHT!! so please anyone just a couple of words cause the pain is REALLY bad and it's getting annoying!! well please write back AsAp
    Thanks you
    SaM
  2. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

about the same. But I will give you a gentle hug (((SaM))).
    I'm really down myself. The thought of helping another though makes me feel better. Hope this helps a LITTLE.

3. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Sam--Constant Pain is so hard on the soul. Take some time to do some nice things for yourself. Pamper yourself, even if it only means grabbing your favorite blankie and pillow and resting. I know somedays, a bubble bath sounds so good, but the undressing and dressing, is just more than one can bear.
    When flare ups like this happen, its so good to remind yourself--that it will get better. Between resting, try to keep your mind occupied with a quiet activity--a favorite movie, a good book.
    Hope you are feeling better soon!
    Soft hugs,
    LL
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry to hear you are feeling so badly, I have been there many times myself.

Why not take a heating pad, and just get as confortable as possible in bed and watch some tv or read an interesting book?
    I do this when I feel bad. The heat always helps the pain, and a good book/tv show will take my mind off my pain for a little while anyway.

Let us know how you are doing, we are all concerned when one of us is feeling badly.

Will keep good thoughts, and have said a prayer for you too.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I have been there too, going through a bad flare myself, and its going and going, full throttle for a couple weeks now. The advice on taking care of yourself, just resting and reading, a blanket, watch some tv, etc. like that, thats wonderful advice.

My sons and hubby this past weekend bought me a old game system, super nintendo! I set it up in my bedroom, and I have gotton alot of enjoyment out of it. I love to do needlepoint also. I dont do so much housework either when in a flare. I assign my kids chores, like one does the dishes one day, the other the next..so on. Took time to do that, and have them listen and understand, but it eventually sunk in.

I hope you get better soon, know that we care, and understand.

Sunshyne

6. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Sam,
    Sorry to hear youre not to good,im really ill right now but still have a smile on my face,so do a you thing.
    get hot water btle & my fave blankie,works wonders,why not give it a try?
    Its so hard living with this DD but dont forget there always someone here for you.
    Youre in my prayers honeybunny,very gentl hugs to you.
    sharon d(uk)
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sorry you are in such a bad flare. I am just coming out of one. The only advice I have is to keep telling yourself that this too shall pass.

Love, Mikie