Help please!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IngaDinga, Mar 24, 2003.

1. IngaDinga

IngaDinga New Member

I have a sleep study scheduled for April. I am having more and more episodes of awakening unable to breathe. I do not awaken gasping. Instead I awake feeling as though my breathing muscles are paralyzed somehow. I sit p in panic and slowly my ability to breathe returns. I hvae experienced sleep apnea in the past and it seemed different from this. Does anyone else get this?

I just feel as though I am falling apart with these breathinmg problems and arrhythmias and all kinds of other neuro problems. I am afrid of what each day will bring and that is no way to live.
  2. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

I know how terribly frustrating all of this is. If we have several things going on with advanced lyme,fm or now as we spoke of related to dysautomoia. Mayo has added dysautomia with fm now. When your flight or fright system can not regulate, we end up with alot of these heart reactions, On your last post all the things to take and not take I do and still have these prob. I cut out caffiene along time ago. Plus take coQ10 and the other stuff mentioned(Love that word stuff just think all that it covers?) Lyme also has alot of these crazy symptoms. The cytokins secrete and cause us problems plus the spirochetes keep changing their shape and hides so deep that it is questionable if long term antibiotics work. There is alot of controversy on this topic. I know how scary all this is. I went through the heart thing yesterday and as warm as it is here I shook with chills all day,plus so nauseated and just plain not worth a hoot. No sleep with it. I am so sorry for what you are going through but I do relate. Please take care, Hugsss
  3. gcalex

gcalex New Member

When you wake up ARE you breathing and just feel like you can't? From your description sounds as if that is the case (you aren't gasping) in which case you might be having nocturnal panic attacks which are very common in panic disorder and in which feelings of inability to breathe/air hunger are unfortunately very common.
  4. mrskbarnett

mrskbarnett New Member

I had a husband who did this same thing and the Doctor told him it was sleep apenia (sp). You may want to have this checked out. Sleep apenia is quite dangerous. Good luck.
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have had that happen too, it was a combination of panic attacks and menopause. Are you sweating along with this?

Do call your doctor, and also check the meds you are taking.

Hope you feel better soon.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. IngaDinga

IngaDinga New Member

for April. Guess what? They called this morning and asked if I could come in tomorrow as they had a cancellation! I had to work things out for my dauters and once I did that I accepted the offer. So, I go in tomorrow evening for a two night and one full day study. Wish me luck! And thank you for all the replies!