HELP Question on LYME disease, need input today please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Hey everyone,

First, I know there is a board for lyme, but it is not very active and I need some replies asap. Last time I posted my lyme questions here you guys seemed pretty informed so I'm back :)

I know this is going to be a little complicated but I really really would appreciate your input.

I will try to make this quick. I am trying to participate in a program that will pay me up to 400.00 a week just for taking my blood IF I qualify.

Basically my lyme antibody levels have to be the highest possible. This is my delimma(the spelling just doesn't look right, sorry). I am getting tested either tomorrow or next week. They will be using the western blott to test me which is only 50-60% accurate which is also a problem.

I obviously want the test to be accurate and my antibodies to be the highest they can be.. It fluctuates from day to day.

HERE'S THE QUESTION... I'm not sure whether I should be getting treated for the lyme before I get tested, which involves natural stuff(infrared sauna, rife light(which makes me ill), chinese herbal anti bacterials. These things make me a lot sicker(which could be herxing) which I know means that the lyme is dying which seems like I shouldn't be doing these treatments if I want my lyme antibody levels higher.

"BUT", lyme hides and if these things bring it out of hiding couldn't that raise my antibody levels in my blood? I had to go to the er I was so sick a few weeks ago from doing the rife light, herxing has never affected me like that.

I was talking to the doctor in my office who seems the most informed about lyme disease and she thought I should lay off the treatment, but when I possed the above question, she said that's the problem, we just don't know enough about lyme disease. Which didn't answer my question!!!

Now I just don't know what to do. I'm feeling pretty lousy today so am thinking maybe I should go get tested tomorrow(if feeling like this means my antibodies are higher..I just don't know, but I did the sauna yesturday so am afraid I could be herxing and may have killed some lyme which would lower my antibodies...

(I can also refer others to the program who think they might apply, it's legit). Just so ya know, I would also get a referal fee, which I could really use if you qualified..

Argh, Ya know, being a lay person trying to figure this stuff out hurts my brain.

Does this make sense? I sure hope so..
    [This Message was Edited on 02/01/2007]
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

There's just no way you can know how what you do will affect your antibodies. I had a miserable month one time and my EBV antibodies had been (significantly) reduced by about 30%. Then I had a great month and was thinking they'd go down even further. THEY DOUBLED! It was the highest I'd ever have them.

I know that's not much of an answer, but I didn't want your question to languish down here at the bottom of a page, so....

BUMP!
  3. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Very interesting Tim and Juloo,

I was plannign on taking the test in the morning but from what you say Tim I think I might just wait and try to do some stuff to bring it out of hiding. Do you know if there is any way for me to read up on this? I wish I had more time before tomorrow but my gut instinct is to do more treatments and the rife light to get the buggers stirred up some before taking the test. Now I must say that I've been somewhat sick today and I hear that is becuase of the full moon from my doctor. She said the full moon also stirs them up and causes them to multiply....

Not to cross question you Tim, but are you pretty sure about what you said because I may in part base my decision on your response?

Thanks so much for your time and input, it is appreciated more than you can know.

I hope to hear from you by early am tomorrow...

Sincerely,
    Kimberly
  4. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Wow... You really seem to know your stuff. Do you also have physical ailments? I'm hoping you don't have lyme but you definately know more than most people about this including my doctors...

I decided to wait. I spoke to another friend of mine who has lyme. She did the rife machine and she said that it felt like it made the lyme physically move from her head to another organ. In which case we both feel that if it's moving during that treatment it must be stirring it up enough to get it in the blood stream. As I said in my last post, I became very ill during the rife treatment, as did she(she never did it again). I decided it was too much for me, but for this test I'm willing to do it again... I'm just not sure how much I should do... I may do 20 mins 2 days in a row, then the third morning get tested... Just a thought. My head really did some funky things several hours after the treatment.

Ya know, I would really like to be able to email you specifically about this stuff since you are so knowledgable. Would you be willing to allow me to give you my email address? I am not online very much so I wouldn't spam you :)

Thanks for your informative speedy replies!!!

5. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

I guess the fact that you are no longer part of this thread answers my question. I'm confused, but ok. Thanks for the input. It was helpful :)