HELP Question on LYME disease, need input today please

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Kimelia, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

I know this is going to be a little complicated but I really really would appreciate your input.

I will try to make this quick. I am trying to participate in a program that will pay me up to 400.00 a week just for taking my blood IF I qualify.

Basically my lyme antibody levels have to be the highest possible. This is my delimma(the spelling just doesn't look right, sorry). I am getting tested either tomorrow or next week. They will be using the western blott to test me which is only 50-60% accurate which is also a problem.

HERE'S THE QUESTION... I'm not sure whether I should be getting treated for the lyme before I get tested, which involves natural stuff(infrared sauna, rife light(which makes me ill), chinese herbal anti bacterials. These things make me a lot sicker(which could be herxing) which I know means that the lyme is dying which seems like I shouldn't be doing these treatments if I want my lyme antibody levels higher.

"BUT", lyme hides and if these things bring it out of hiding couldn't that raise my antibody levels in my blood? I had to go to the er I was so sick a few weeks ago from doing the rife light, herxing has never affected me like that.

I was talking to the doctor in my office who seems the most informed about lyme disease and she thought I should lay off the treatment, but when I possed the above question, she said that's the problem, we just don't know enough about lyme disease. Which didn't answer my question!!!

Now I just don't know what to do. I'm feeling pretty lousy today so am thinking maybe I should go get tested tomorrow(if feeling like this means my antibodies are higher..I just don't know, but I did the sauna yesturday so am afraid I could be herxing and may have killed some lyme which would lower my antibodies...

(I can also refer others to the program who think they might apply, it's legit). Just so ya know, I would also get a referal fee, which I could really use if you qualified..

Argh, Ya know, being a lay person trying to figure this stuff out hurts my brain.

Does this make sense? I sure hope so..
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Your question makes a lot of sense, I just don't know the answer for you. Both arguments are legit. I say just go do the test, don't worry about timing. Say a prayer first that always helps!

I'm going crazy trying to figure this stuff out. Do you have a rife machine at your house? If so, where did you buy it?

Did you try to google your question? Maybe that will help.

3. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

hi Molly,

Yes, it is so hard trying to play doctor... Thanks for your reply. I use the rife machine at my doctors office, well I used it. I'm scared to get in it again but if I thought it would raise my antibody levels I would use it...

Again, thanks for your input :) Hope you are having a great day.

You're right, prayer always helps.

I'm actually feeling really ill today. I'm thinking of going to get the test today.[This Message was Edited on 02/01/2007]
  4. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

i really wish I had more input.... sigh
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

I saw that offer also... very tempting, was thinking about getting my son to contact them.

He came up positive according to CDC standards twice. He has been on abx for about 20 months now, off and on (pulsing)... not sure how he'd test now, it's been a year since the second test.

What I can tell you is that 6 months after initial positive and then taking oral abx he still came up CDC positive on Western Blot with all 5 bands they require for a positive.

And I have read that many do not show positive at all until they take abx for a while actually. So it may not make any difference (not sure if you came up positive with all the bands the CDC requires or not?).

Keep us posted, I'd like to know what happens! You might also check out some of the links at ilads.org, you might find something there that would give you more info.

all the best,
    Victoria

6. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

thanks Victoria,

I actually have only done the bowen qribb. I came up 1:32 which is the low end of high. I was having a really good day(which is rare). My doctor said that my results change from day to day and they would probably be higher most days then that.

I'm goign to wait till next week to do the test. I'm going to do several treatments before I take the test. I"m sure I will need to have friends drive me to the docs office after the first day if it's anything like the last time I did the rife machine.

thanks for teh input. :D
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

I noticed you haven't posted in a long time...

how are you doing? I'd love to hear from you...

Victoria

8. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

I was officially diagnosed with Lyme 1/08/ Im still learning
    So my input would not be of any help to you. There is sooooo much to learn. I am very interested in the program your involved in and would like to know how to contact them.
    I am CDC positive as well. Could you post and tell me more about the progam and how to contact them. Thanks and take care. I hope all this works out for you. God Bless.
  9. wld285

wld285 New Member

Was very excited, the guy even called me on the phone and I immediately faxed him my Igenex results. The trick... I am CDC positive but only for IGM (Ithink). You have to be CDC positive for both IGG and IGM.

Linda
  10. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I tried this as a source of income. Struck out with both companies that are paying for ABs. One wanted me to drive from Central IL to Ohio!

One wanted my Lyme ABs and the other my candida ABs. Then they saw my medication list (Abx, yeast meds, hormones, etc.) and decided I wouldn't ever qualify. You have to be medication free and newly infected.