Help! Ready for bed worried about mixing pain meds with amitrypli

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shelle16, May 16, 2003.

1. Shelle16

Shelle16 New Member

Hey I need some help I had a tooth pulled today and I was given Hydrocodene for pain and I wasn't sure if I could take them together and or what kind of effect it would have.I was to out of it to ask the pharmacy.
  2. j9miller

j9miller New Member

I took Vicoden and now Vicoprofen and I used to take Amitryptyline at one time. The dr said I could take them together. If you are concerened you can check for drug interactions at the walgreens web site.

Janine
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

If so, call them. Otherwise, call the local ER & ask their advice. I suspect that you would be ok, but I am neither a doctor nor a nurse. Hope you feel better soon.
    Kathryn
  4. bakron

bakron New Member

(Sorry for putting a URL on, Web Master, but this is such a good place to go to check meds out!)

Please check this site out : http://www.accessmednet.com/prescription-drug-information/elavil-side-effects.html

This site will tell you <b>ALL</b> of the drugs that interact in a "bad" way with Elavil (amitriptyline hcl). You may want to print it out for future reference. Pretty good site!
  5. Shelle16

Shelle16 New Member

Thanks for the help I will check the Walgreen website and call the ER. It really means alot to me to know there are so many people out there who care. I was getting very frustrated trying to find out.

Thanks & Love
    Shelle